What Will It Take To Get The Truth Out On FedEx?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I had an interesting experience with a customer today that shows what we're up against in the battle to expose FedEx for the fraud that it is. I had a delivery to a regular and the receptionist was complaining that her car had a major problem and that she couldn't afford a new one. Her boss happened to be standing next to her. I simply said, "neither can I", and both of them started-in on me telling me how much I made and how I shouldn't have any trouble buying almost any car. "You and the UPS guy make big bucks!!" When I tried to tell her otherwise, it was like talking to a brick. She was convinced that since we do the same job, we must make the same money.

I had lunch with one of the UPS drivers on my route last week and he told me he made $87,000 last year. Hell, I'll be lucky to get close to 50k this year, and with the increased medical and dental costs, my real income will be down substantially. And someone this week will surely mention that FedEx made the "Top 100" list this year. God knows why, and perhaps He is punishing all of us by putting FredEx on the list..again. Everyone but the people who actually work here think we have a great job.

Sooner or later the lie has to get exposed...but when?

thedownhillEXPRESS

FedEx is starting to lose its luster with the public.
It sure helps spread the word when the majority of Express courriers tell their regular
customers what a scam Ground is, and how it has pushed FedEx Express employees into their realm of poverty.

Express used to look at Ground like a novelty, kind of like a goofy friend.
Now they have hatred towards them, like they are scabs basically,or even compared to illegal immigrants stealing their job.

Fedex has become the "sweatshop" of the shipping business....

bbsam

Staff member
Newsflash for the out of touch--$50g's is relatively good compared to alot of folks and you look like an ass to a secretary barely making $25g's.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Newsflash for the out of touch--$50g's is relatively good compared to alot of folks and you look like an ass to a secretary barely making $25g's.

50k sucks for what we do, and you look like an ass for trying to make a dumb comparison between me and a secretary.

vantexan

I had an interesting experience with a customer today that shows what we're up against in the battle to expose FedEx for the fraud that it is. I had a delivery to a regular and the receptionist was complaining that her car had a major problem and that she couldn't afford a new one. Her boss happened to be standing next to her. I simply said, "neither can I", and both of them started-in on me telling me how much I made and how I shouldn't have any trouble buying almost any car. "You and the UPS guy make big bucks!!" When I tried to tell her otherwise, it was like talking to a brick. She was convinced that since we do the same job, we must make the same money.

I had lunch with one of the UPS drivers on my route last week and he told me he made $87,000 last year. Hell, I'll be lucky to get close to 50k this year, and with the increased medical and dental costs, my real income will be down substantially. And someone this week will surely mention that FedEx made the "Top 100" list this year. God knows why, and perhaps He is punishing all of us by putting FredEx on the list..again. Everyone but the people who actually work here think we have a great job.

Sooner or later the lie has to get exposed...but when?

I was just shy of $48k last year but worked fairly consistent OT. This year looks likely between $41k and $42k. And that's if I sell 2 weeks of vacation back and they don't push us down close to 35 hrs a week. Found out my last rt was restructured after I left so if I hadn't transferred I still wouldn't get much OT. Every time someone starts talking about the big bucks I make I tell them they have me confused with the UPS guy. And they're always shocked when I explain what I mean.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I was just shy of $48k last year but worked fairly consistent OT. This year looks likely between $41k and $42k. And that's if I sell 2 weeks of vacation back and they don't push us down close to 35 hrs a week. Found out my last rt was restructured after I left so if I hadn't transferred I still wouldn't get much OT. Every time someone starts talking about the big bucks I make I tell them they have me confused with the UPS guy. And they're always shocked when I explain what I mean.

They laugh at me when I say I have no money and they pay me to go home like I'm kidding or something.

vantexan

When people make $25g's they usually have a spouse with an income, or have roommates, or live with relatives, or some other arrangement. People who want to maintain their own household, have a few things, set aside for their child's future or their own, need better compensation. And the trade off used to be that you can have that if you were willing to work hard(assuming you don't have specialized training or a college degree). Now we have a segment of society, your segment by the way, who expect others to do without so that they can do well. We're to fall on our swords so that the truly worthy can have it all. We are so lucky to be alive in such enlightened times.

MAKAVELI

It's called getting paid fairly for the amount and type of work. You are the one who looks like an ass for making such a comment. I personally earn every penny and more. To compare that secretary making 25g to us is just ignorant.

bbsam

Staff member
50k sucks for what we do, and you look like an ass for trying to make a dumb comparison between me and a secretary.

Do you think the secretary wasn't making the same comparison in her own mind? Show some freakin' empathy.

bbsam

Staff member
When people make $25g's they usually have a spouse with an income, or have roommates, or live with relatives, or some other arrangement. People who want to maintain their own household, have a few things, set aside for their child's future or their own, need better compensation. And the trade off used to be that you can have that if you were willing to work hard(assuming you don't have specialized training or a college degree). Now we have a segment of society, your segment by the way, who expect others to do without so that they can do well. We're to fall on our swords so that the truly worthy can have it all. We are so lucky to be alive in such enlightened times.
that's exactly what I said about Ground wages. Maybe drivers can't raise a family on that amount, but maybe America has transforms itself into a nation of two income households. I don't know of that is good pr bad. Just how it seems.

bbsam

Staff member
It's called getting paid fairly for the amount and type of work. You are the one who looks like an ass for making such a comment. I personally earn every penny and more. To compare that secretary making 25g to us is just ignorant.

its all relative. UPS drivers think you are ignorant for comparing what you do to what they do. Guess what? They're right. No way on hell most Express routes even come close to what UPS drivers do.

MAKAVELI

Do you think the secretary wasn't making the same comparison in her own mind? Show some freakin' empathy.

It's you that shows no empathy and ignorance as to who really makes this company run. You would fit right in with the upper management of this company. Ignorant, greedy, and a hatred for the common blue collar worker.

bbsam

Staff member
It's you that shows no empathy and ignorance as to who really makes this company run. You would fit right in with the upper management of this company. Ignorant, greedy, and a hatred for the common blue collar worker.

I know it is not meant as such, but thank you for the kind words.

MAKAVELI

its all relative. UPS drivers think you are ignorant for comparing what you do to what they do. Guess what? They're right. No way on hell most Express routes even come close to what UPS drivers do.

You obviously have no clue as to what we do at express. It is all relative. Not every ups driver goes out with 150 - 200 stops and out del until 9:00. They don't unload the trailers or load their trucks or work the pm reload either. Drivers for both companies work hard and deserve a good compensation pkg. The difference being they have a union contract and we don't.

bbsam

Staff member
You obviously have no clue as to what we do at express. It is all relative. Not every ups driver goes out with 150 - 200 stops and out del until 9:00. They don't unload the trailers or load their trucks or work the pm reload either. Drivers for both companies work hard and deserve a good compensation pkg. The difference being they have a union contract and we don't.
I do know what most UPS drivers do and after your description at Express I will say it again. No way you deserve UPS money. It's all relative.

MAKAVELI

I do know what most UPS drivers do and after your description at Express I will say it again. No way youbdeserve UPS money. It's all relative.

Never asked for UPS money. Wouldn't turn it down but I would be happy being topped out in a reasonable time and for them to stop cutting my benefits every year. On that note I dont think you deserve to make much profit just being basically a low level manager.