What Will It Take To Get The Truth Out On FedEx?

bbsam

Staff member
Never asked for UPS money. Wouldn't turn it down but I would be happy being topped out in a reasonable time and for them to stop cutting my benefits every year. On that note I dont think you deserve to make much profit just being basically a low level manager.

send a note to Fred and let him know.

vantexan

its all relative. UPS drivers think you are ignorant for comparing what you do to what they do. Guess what? They're right. No way on hell most Express routes even come close to what UPS drivers do.

I've had rts in the past that UPS drivers used to laugh at and shake their heads as I ran windsprints by them. Several UPS drivers in one location told their boss about me and he drove around looking for me, offered to buy lunch and offered me a job. Wish I had said yes. But that was 23 years ago. For offloading trucks, sorting freight, hustling all day to meet time commitments, working the reload we certainly deserve better. UPS drivers have gotten theirs, you've gotten yours. I don't expect to be paid like them or you but I should have topped out years ago. If there's one thing that'll make this company unravel eventually it's low pay.

bbsam

Staff member
You should say "yes" to contracting with Ground now, but you won't. You'll let another opportunity pass you by and 20 years from now tell how you should've done that.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
both of them started-in on me telling me how much I made and how I shouldn't have any trouble buying almost any car. "You and the UPS guy make big bucks!!"

When that happens to me, I quote exactly what my hourly pay is $18.09 an hr. and what the UPS guy makes $31+ an hr.
I do say that the UPS guys / girls work harder.

I also add in that they don't pay for any of their healthcare and their union dues are only equal to my healthcare expenses but, I won't get any slammin' pension.

MAKAVELI

Never asked for UPS money. Wouldn't turn it down but I would be happy being topped out in a reasonable time and for them to stop cutting my benefits every year. On that note I dont think you deserve to make much profit just being basically a low level manager.

send a note to Fred and let him know.

That would be like one of your drivers telling you that they deserve better pay and benefits, pointless.

MAKAVELI

That would be like one of your drivers telling you that they deserve better pay and benefits, pointless.
Well I guess it's good that you can come here and bitch about your sad circumstance since it's obvious you can't do anything about it.

Just as good as it is for you to come here and be arrogant, and ignorant and belittle anyone who makes a living by way of labor. I guess your drivers and I would be in the same sad circumstances, only I might have it a little better.

vantexan

You should say "yes" to contracting with Ground now, but you won't. You'll let another opportunity pass you by and 20 years from now tell how you should've done that.

Not in a million years. Exploit others for my and the Purple People Eater's benefit? Not in a million years.

IsItME

Man, this was a super stupid response. 50 is not something that creates excitement and the couriers work hard. Comparing a courier and a secretary on any level including expectation is dumb. My guess is her husband makes more than that. Get real.
Newsflash for the out of touch--$50g's is relatively good compared to alot of folks and you look like an ass to a secretary barely making $25g's.

bbsam

Staff member
Man, this was a super stupid response. 50 is not something that creates excitement and the couriers work hard. Comparing a courier and a secretary on any level including expectation is dumb. My guess is her husband makes more than that. Get real.
you gotta take it in context, from the secretary's point of view. Why is that so hard to do? You think her company didn't have cutbacks and belt tightening?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Hey, guess what. Former FedEx Express employees are ineligible to contract with Ground. If vantexan were to retire and wanted to buy a Ground route, he couldn't. Besides, I don't think he has it in him to exploit others that way.

bbsam

Staff member
how do you know she's married?

bbsam

Staff member
Hey, guess what. Former FedEx Express employees are ineligible to contract with Ground. If vantexan were to retire and wanted to buy a Ground route, he couldn't. Besides, I don't think he has it in him to exploit others that way.
I have never heard that. I guess he is screwed.

IsItME

All companies are waging war on employees. Those who think they know more believe we should be ever so thankful for the $h!+ they shovel. I make much more than a courier but I understand how hard it is to pay bills on my salary let alone 50. I say rage on and never just shut up and be grateful.... bbsam has that covered.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have never heard that. I guess he is screwed.

Yep. I requested my retirement packet just to see excatly what I would be getting in a couple of years and being forbidden to contract with Ground is specifically spelled-out. One would think that they would want people who know the business...guess not.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't. Basic economics tells you that no one is really supporting themselves on that.

wrong and a perfect example of a lack of empathy. Poverty level for a family of four is even lower. You have no idea ho good you have it.