What Will It Take To Get The Truth Out On FedEx?

bbsam

Staff member
All companies are waging war on employees. Those who think they know more believe we should be ever so thankful for the $h!+ they shovel. I make much more than a courier but I understand how hard it is to pay bills on my salary let alone 50. I say rage on and never just shut up and be grateful.... bbsam has that covered.
Rage all you want. Changes nothing and amuses me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Exactly why Robme lost. The majority of Americans are the ones being exploited.

You are exactly correct sir. I think a lot of Americans see the exploitation process at work, but are helpless to do anything meaningful about it. Since the corporations basically run the country as they see fit, it's "take it or leave it" as far as employees are concerned. If you won't take $13 per hour, someone else will, and since there are few alternatives for many, there isn't much of a choice.

Fred and his ilk have this country by the balls, and Ground is just one prime example of exploiting the crap out of workers who have a "choice" of being exploited by WalMart, an auto assembly plant, or Amazon. As the bar gets ever lower, so does the standard of living, and the expectation from employers that workers will "take it".

bbsam

Staff member
I find that hard to believe reading your comments. Kind of the opposite of what Obama is trying to accomplish in his 2 terms.

Believe it. And when the landscape changes, I will be happy to oblige. Just don't expect me to fall on a sword until you Express guys are ready to openly unionize.

MAKAVELI

I find that hard to believe reading your comments. Kind of the opposite of what Obama is trying to accomplish in his 2 terms.

Believe it. And when the landscape changes, I will be happy to oblige. Just don't expect me to fall on a sword until you Express guys are ready to openly unionize.

People like you don't give more when they can. They just take more for themselves. So save the bullsheet for someone else.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm also Obama all the way, and what Ground does is not in his playbook.

I used to believe that. Not so sure anymore. Haven't seen him do much to change the landscape and haven't heard of any initiatives to do so. There is a difference between being theoretically opposed to something and doing something about it.

overflowed

you gotta take it in context, from the secretary's point of view. Why is that so hard to do? You think her company didn't have cutbacks and belt tightening?

The other side of the coin is most companies say "we gotta do this till things get better." Most companies do start giving back once things get better. Fedex never gives that back once there's an excuse to take away. Pure shadiness. To top it off they aren't even embarrassed to act like this. As long as the public says "Hey nice Mercedes." Thats all Fedex cares about. When there's bad PR they sure do everything they can to fix it. When no one's paying attention. "We'll were can we make up that money? " " Let's just rape the Express employees. Hey, we can push the start time another 10 minutes."

Fragiledonthrow

Sorry bbsam,really? What exactly do u do more? Then just do pick ups as well as deliveries. Maybe more stops cause of your volume. Which u guys milk anyway in overtime. On the other hand we are out there with printers inputting manual shipping slips and correcting incorrect labels. Ups would be on strike if they had to do that crap with there daily route duties.. Do u load and unload at ur station?

Fragiledonthrow

You obviously have no clue as to what we do at express. It is all relative. Not every ups driver goes out with 150 - 200 stops and out del until 9:00. They don't unload the trailers or load their trucks or work the pm reload either. Drivers for both companies work hard and deserve a good compensation pkg. The difference being they have a union contract and we don't.

Aint that the truth!

IsItME

I know how good I have it and I know 25k is a nothing salary and 50 doesn't do much either. I also know its arrogant to tell someone how great they have it at that level.

IsItME

We haven't met. Companies can and are tortured for their shameful conduct. They learn lessons every year when they spit out millions and millions more on legal fees. QUOTE=bbsam;1081989]Rage all you want. Changes nothing and amuses me.[/QUOTE]

CJinx

I know how good I have it and I know 25k is a nothing salary and 50 doesn't do much either. I also know its arrogant to tell someone how great they have it at that level.
25k is crappy but definitely capable of living comfortably if you're careful with your money. If someone can't get by on 50k then they need to reevaluate their lifestyle.

bbsam

Staff member

again you succeed at missing the point. Is it arrogant for the secretary to see the Fedex driver making $45,000 and think that he has it good? I think not. Seems to me that MFE would rather the secretay would empathize with him rather than the other way around.

bbsam

Staff member
We haven't met. Companies can and are tortured for their shameful conduct. They learn lessons every year when they spit out millions and millions more on legal fees. QUOTE=bbsam;1081989]Rage all you want. Changes nothing and amuses me.
[/QUOTE]

those millions are hardly torture. If it were, companies would change their policies.

bbsam

Staff member
The other side of the coin is most companies say "we gotta do this till things get better." Most companies do start giving back once things get better. Fedex never gives that back once there's an excuse to take away. Pure shadiness. To top it off they aren't even embarrassed to act like this. As long as the public says "Hey nice Mercedes." Thats all Fedex cares about. When there's bad PR they sure do everything they can to fix it. When no one's paying attention. "We'll were can we make up that money? " " Let's just rape the Express employees. Hey, we can push the start time another 10 minutes."

I doubt that any company gives back. Why would they? They simply wait for the screwing to become the new normal. Face it. FedEx is the new corporate America.