What Will It Take To Get The Truth Out On FedEx?

bbsam

Staff member
They should then be able to be contractors. They would have to set up a corporation anyway because Fedex won't contract with sole proprietors or LLC's anymore. So he/she would technically work for the contracted company.

SmithBarney

I have a few retirees I've run into on various routes, tell me how great FedEx was for them..
I said "I work for a different company than you did sir/mam. The company you worked for doesn't exist anymore."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That former Express drivers cannot work for Ground.

If you have retired from FedEx, you cannot work for another opco, nor can you be a Ground contractor. The original question from bbsam was basically challenging me to come over and be an ISP, which I could not if I left Express.

overflowed

I doubt that any company gives back. Why would they? They simply wait for the screwing to become the new normal. Face it. FedEx is the new corporate America.
Fedex has been corporate America for a very long time. This is, however, not the norm with people I know in various companies. When things got bad they lost more than us. However, they were actually rewarded for sticking around when things started turning around. Like you say Fedex is now a huge corporation. It would do them well to remember it was not always so.

Every young man would do well to remember that all successful business stands on the foundation for morality
Henry Ward Beecher

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
If you have retired from FedEx, you cannot work for another opco, nor can you be a Ground contractor. The original question from bbsam was basically challenging me to come over and be an ISP, which I could not if I left Express.

yes you could and I explained how. Don't you think they leave certain avenues open for when it serves their own purposes? Imagine what could happen if a number of couriers became disillusioned and left for Ground that is covered by the NLRA. They want to discourage that. A real go getter with contractor potential? Well we have a way to make that happen.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
yes you could and I explained how. Don't you think they leave certain avenues open for when it serves their own purposes? Imagine what could happen if a number of couriers became disillusioned and left for Ground that is covered by the NLRA. They want to discourage that. A real go getter with contractor potential? Well we have a way to make that happen.

No, I can't. It is explicitly written into your retirement plan that you cannot become a Ground contractor or work for any FedEx opco once you have retired. Not quit...retired.

TUT

What Will It Take To Get The Truth Out On FedEx?

Nobody cares or put it this way, they care as much as you care about their situations. Get real.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The sustained growth at Grpind suggests otherwise.

Whatever, Mr. Know-It-All. You'd better start doing deep knee bends because Fred likes his lackeys to be flexible. You'll get yours, from the company that cares so much. Count on it.

purplesky

Whatever, Mr. Know-It-All. You'd better start doing deep knee bends because Fred likes his lackeys to be flexible. You'll get yours, from the company that cares so much. Count on it.

bbsam, I have a feeling mrfedex is right about you guys getting it. Think about it for a sec. If FDX ground ever gets really big(UPS BIG) Fred and his boys in Memphis will be showing you the door just like they are showing the door to the FDX express employees who built FDX.

Somewhere in your ground scam contract there is a loophole for Fred to show you the door in the not too distant future. You will be too expensive and powerful to keep around. :wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
It isn't a loophole. They can choose not to renew contracts. I have never argued that my position is permanent. Quite the opposite. Yeah, I'm. Ok with that. Have been for 18 years.
bbsam, I have a feeling mrfedex is right about you guys getting it. Think about it for a sec. If FDX ground ever gets really big(UPS BIG) Fred and his boys in Memphis will be showing you the door just like they are showing the door to the FDX express employees who built FDX.

Somewhere in your ground scam contract there is a loophole for Fred to show you the door in the not too distant future. You will be too expensive and powerful to keep around. :wink2: