What will you do on your last day driving?

tourists24

I forsee being well overallowed on my last day. Want no cake nor fanfare. Just dont let the door hit me in the rear on the way out. I will celebrate with my friends and family later that evening.

whiskey

I'll take a tote with me on route filled with all the gifts I received that morning back at the barn and re gift them to my customers. Along with a request to all my customers, please vote for me in the upcoming mayoral election in my city.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I will spend my last day praying that my pension is healthy. My uncle was a teamster (milkman) and retired in about 1985 to see his pension reduced down to 5% of what he was expecting. Basically, he had to survive on other sources of income. Our pension seems healthy at this point.
I plan to retire at age 58 which is as soon I can, even if it means having to have a really low standard of living. I have to do my route about 2000 more times, and I hope not to get injured doing it!

How about putting some money in a 401K so you don't have to worry. Just because we get a pension doesn't mean we should save less for our retirement years. :greedy:

Indecisi0n

I will deliver all my packages to my first stop then drive to the mall and go shopping. Get an ice cream cone, take a nap then go back to the shop and punch out.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Prerecord ALL my NDA's and then open them at 1031 and "deliver" all of them 1 minute late, sheet all resi savers as business and have them be late, but do everything else perfect so technically everybody will get the service they paid for, but I'll piss off whatever center manager I have at the time.

brown bomber

brown bomber
my last day of work was 18 months ago.........I completed every stop even though I was working w/ 1 leg, my left knee was totally shot after 27 yrs. of step aerobics and a few knee injuries.......I had to have a total knee replacement, along w/an additional surgery 6 months ago.......guess I'll just disappear into the sunset, retire and try to figure out what to do without healthcare coverage...I'm not 55 yrs. of age

my last day of work was 18 months ago.........I completed every stop even though I was working w/ 1 leg, my left knee was totally shot after 27 yrs. of step aerobics and a few knee injuries.......I had to have a total knee replacement, along w/an additional surgery 6 months ago.......guess I'll just disappear into the sunset, retire and try to figure out what to do without healthcare coverage...I'm not 55 yrs. of age
Oh yea I bet there isn't a upser who has one bad word to say about you. Thanks for your service.

thessalonian13

i will spend the whole week saying goodbye to everyone on my route and on the last day, for the fun of it, will duplicate stop all my stops and have gone only 1 mile to run my 125+ mile route. I just might "paperboy" deliver some resi stops. Need a driver release driverway/front yard key. Just kidding.... Will be hoping for a light day or help from the others around me (but not counting on it) so i can get in early and have a very nice dinner with my family, unless ups has a huge building cookout to celibrate my emplyment... Hahhaha

what about you all? What will you do on your last day at ups?

Cheers, the oil
I will call in sick from the golf course 10 minutes before I am due to punch in.

Last edited:

leastbest

LeastBest
I'm retiring in 37 days. Don't want a cake. Don't want them to mention it at the morning meeting. Don't want to shake their hands. Walking away after 37 years.

65Goat

Our center does the obligatory cake with the way too sweet icing for 9 in the morning. Most of the retirees show up. The spouse (usually female) is given a present (usually a dozen roses) and the children (if any) are acknowledged. The center manager and BA usually say a few words. The driver usually has his day lightened so that he can say goodbye.

I will approach the last day the same way that I approached all of the previous days. I would not even think of calling in sick--is that really the impression you want to leave your co-workers with after spending 30 years by their side? I do not want a cake--I would much prefer bagels and muffins with OJ and coffee. I would like for my two children and their spouses (grandkids?) to be there to share in this moment with me. If I am in a relationship at the time I would like for her to be there as well. I could care less whether any retirees show up or not--I don't socialize with them now so why start on my last day. I do plan on inviting my current on-car, who reminds us on a daily basis that he has less than 15 months before he retires, as I consider him to be a friend. I will then go on road and take care of my customers, bring the pkg car back, park it, shake my center manager's hand and walk out the door for the last time.

My center manager is always gone to the house at least an hour before I get back to the building. I agree that the cake at 9 A.M. is the last thing I want to eat at that time.