What would be your Incentives/Rewards/Motivation for working harder?

Keepingthemhonest

Bring'n sexy back
i know its ridiculous but I'd like to have a say in wether or not someone makes senority or not. Managment complains and complains about how they can't get rid of some people once they have senority but 95% of the time you can figure out in the first 2 weeks what kind of employee is going to be. Yah u get faster better more efficent with time but really a person can only improve so much. I know they are hard pressed for people but fire em while u can!

That is a joke my friend...I was the hardest working mother in the district...I would go to work bust out 4-5 100% trailers before break (approx 2500 more packages than required to hit rate) then maybe 1 more after break and go home...well they changed management on me three times in my whole two years of senority. I am out of the unload and have the best job in the building SPA (putting PAL labels on packages). I rarely even touch a package...and you know why, one day I said {deleted by moderator} and started playing by the rules...using the load stand, help with over-weights, pivot don't twist and that trailer that took me 25-30 minutes took me 1-1.5 hours...I no longer hit rate and they couldn't do a damn thing but move me. I did this because they just kept asking more and more and more. They laid people off because I could do the work of two people...forget that...come in do an honest days work for an honest wage then make your last stop home safely. As for incentive programs...our building can't read the PAL labels so 203 apparently looks like 325 or something and gets misloaded. They offer gas cards, gift certificates to the spirit catalog and other stuff if you hit misload rate and process rate...but frankly if we hit it we hit it...I'm not going to bust it out like I used to, I'll just get paid less.

bear123

You don't motivate adult men and women with Cracker Jack prizes.

You are so right Dino. Giving us a turkey every christmas is almost a slap in the face. True, I have been here long enough that I am top scale. On the other hand, the top suits of the company get a lot more than a turkey. I heard they get a nice bonus. Instead of giving us a turkey why dont they just give us 25-50 bucks.

I gurantee you that they will offer 500 to a thousand bucks as a signing bonus to try to lure us into signing a contract

brown bear

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't know the history, but I don't think the turkey is a bonus so much as a symbol.

Everyone home on Christmas day enjoying the turkey dinner and knowing that mgmt. and hourly are celebrating the ending to another peak season.

It's definitely more symbolic today than anything else.