What would you do? (multiple choice)

TUT

728UPS: I wouldnt talk to the kids,or do anything confrontational. The company will NEVER EVER side with you in a conflict,so call the police and message the center you are doing so.

This. You can just see how a corporation will see it. An adult vs kids. The P.C. on this one oozes with potential for total fail.

Reminds me of playing flag football with scouts. I was QB for both teams. I threw a pick and I went to grab a kids flag on the run back, we bumped hips. He fell, balled, I apologized, but to no avail I was the new community axe murderer afterwards. I told the parents to friend-off and left. What a messed up world. Now if this happened when I was a kid (and did), most likely I wouldn't have cried, everything would have been understood either way. But no, the mother called me a monster. I'm 6 foot 160. I was caring and giving back to the kids, the other parents were sitting around a picnic table doing grown up things.

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
Probably about 12-14 years ago, long before tattlematics and cameras, I had this happen to me....

This was near a school area just on the edge of the projects. I was (wrongfully) pulled headfirst into a business. After completing the pickup I noticed kids hanging around my package car so I kept them in mind. I got in the PC and watched the mirrors and before I even got the truck started a couple jumped on the bumper. I got out and asked them nicely to stay off the bumper. They apologized and acted like they were stepping off. So I get back in the PC, start the engine and watching the mirrors, see them jump back on. This time I left the truck running and walked back and told them to stay off the truck and they again apologized (yeah right). So I get back in the PC, back out of the spot and start to proceed down the street VERY slowly. As soon as I started to move forward I saw the main hoodlum run and jump on the bumper. I went about 30 yards and hit the brakes. I heard the kids head smack the rear roll-up door. I got out of the truck and walked around to the back to make sure he was ok. Right away he starts yelling at me telling me he is going to tell his mom and get me in trouble. I quickly offered him my cell phone and we could call his mom together and he could explain to her what the hell he was doing not he back of my truck. That was quickly followed by FU's and all kinds of other expletives. Keep in mind, the boy was all of about 10 years old.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just remember that, regardless of which choice you make, if anything does go wrong that choice will be second-guessed by a supervisor who employs 20/20 hindsight from behind a desk in order to justify the warning letter that he has already decided to issue you.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Just remember that, regardless of which choice you make, if anything does go wrong that choice will be second-guessed by a supervisor who employs 20/20 hindsight from behind a desk in order to justify the warning letter that he has already decided to issue you.
You shouldn't take a drink of water while reading Sober's posts. I almost got Brody REAALLY wet just now! :rofl:
Damn straight, they have already decided to issue that warning letter!!!