what would you do

helenofcalifornia

OK, so most of us agree to what a racist statement is. But what if someone enters the bathroom and spouts of with sexist jokes? How many of you are going to stand up and tell that guy that he is wrong? I don't mean to start a women's lib thang here, but I would bet that 100% of the women in this Cafe are used to hearing sexist drivel and for the most part, in one ear and out the other. Because you hear it all the time. It's as offensive as a racist statement, just handled way different by most. (And by both sexes) Just my two cents.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know, it's not just a UPS workplace event. I went to the golf course and was waiting for hubby to finish (he invited me) I got a coke at the bar and went to an outside table to sit and enjoy the weather.

There were 3 men (over 40) sitting at the first table, so I skipped one and sat at the third table. You should have heard the sexist language and just plain dirty friend'in this and friend'in that and real loud too. They talked about sexual conquests too. What jerks they were.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There were 3 men (over 40) sitting at the first table, so I skipped one and sat at the third table. You should have heard the sexist language and just plain dirty friend'in this and friend'in that and real loud too. They talked about sexual conquests too. What jerks they were.
Sorry about that more, I did not know that was you.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Moved all the Off-Topic posts to Current Events under new thread called
What Would You do - 200 Hundred Years ago
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/what-would-you-do-200-years-ago.247187/
Thanks Hoax! I was wondering where the thread had gone. Talk about OFF TOPIC.

OK, so most of us agree to what a racist statement is. But what if someone enters the bathroom and spouts of with sexist jokes? How many of you are going to stand up and tell that guy that he is wrong? I don't mean to start a women's lib thang here, but I would bet that 100% of the women in this Cafe are used to hearing sexist drivel and for the most part, in one ear and out the other. Because you hear it all the time. It's as offensive as a racist statement, just handled way different by most. (And by both sexes) Just my two cents.
+2¢

You know, it's not just a UPS workplace event. I went to the golf course and was waiting for hubby to finish (he invited me) I got a coke at the bar and went to an outside table to sit and enjoy the weather.

Some people will talk smack no matter who's within earshot, even if children are around.

bigbrownhen

If the black driver reports it then you need to back him 100%.

On the other hand if he does not then he is a forgiving soul that does not want to cost someone there job for their ignorant mouth then let it go.

We all say stupid things to or in front of people from time to time. I would make the loser apologize personally. Then tell him his mouth almost cost him his job and to keep it shut from now on.

I would back the black fellow with whatever he wanted me to do. All men are created equal period.

This is what I was trying to say. I think maybe I was misunderstood. :whiteflag:

P

pickup

Moved all the Off-Topic posts to Current Events under new thread called
What Would You do - 200 Hundred Years ago
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/what-would-you-do-200-years-ago.247187/

you made my argument for me . Nowhere in the terms of service is this sort of policy mentioned. You are using powers not explicitly assigned to you to consolidate your ever growing power as a moderator What would I do 200 years ago? I would shoot the great great great great great grandfather of Hoax before he committed that vile deed, that if had not been consummated would have allowed the world to develop into an utopia of unparalleled proportions. :happy-very:

The south will rise again. (all said in jest!) Right idea to move those posts and clever name for the new thread, hoax.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nowhere in the terms of service is this sort of policy mentioned. You are using powers not explicitly assigned to you to consolidate your ever growing power as a moderator Right idea to move those posts and clever name for the new thread, hoax.

I used my special powers for a Rusealing Purpose.