What would you do?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Well, maybe now is the time to mention on-road sups riding around property and on area without a belt on or even riding in the stepwell, holding onto the handrail......seen it many, many times.
The make the rules, they break the rules. We have to follow them no matter what. Pointing that out will only get you a target on your back.

W

want to retire

Telematics works off of the GPS in the DIAD so, yes, I am 100% sure Telematics would not apply to a PTer shuffling cars in the lineup.

So, it will or won't record a discrepency? diad or not? just not put a location on it? Sure about that? See, I don't understand the function of all that hardware in the pkg car. Just sending units? They don't "send" unless there is a diad?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So, it will or won't record a discrepency? diad or not? just not put a location on it? Sure about that? See, I don't understand the function of all that hardware in the pkg car. Just sending units? They don't "send" unless there is a diad?

Good question. I know that without a DIAD linked to the car the discrepancies cannot be recorded against a driver. I don't think discrepancies are recorded against the center for pkg cars moved without a DIAD in place.

W

want to retire

Good question. I know that without a DIAD linked to the car the discrepancies cannot be recorded against a driver. I don't think discrepancies are recorded against the center for pkg cars moved without a DIAD in place.

I'll bet a buck, it's all recorded and downloadable. Too easy.

JonFrum

As a package car shifter and carwasher I've moved thousands of cars on the property, and in the building, in circumstances that would trigger numerous Telematics demerits, including taking the car from the driver the second he enters the building with it, and never heard a word of feedback about any violations of The Methods.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...and yet none of you feel compelled to report a driver who you know for a fact received a DUI/DWI, lost his license and failed to report it to mgt?

Apples to oranges.

The individual who shifts equipment without a seatbelt is placing the lives of both himself and others on the property in danger.

The individual who simply fails to report a prior DUII arrest to management is not placing anyones life at risk. His pending legal situation has no bearing on his ability to safely operate a vehicle (assuming of course that he is not intoxicated.)

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
...and yet none of you feel compelled to report a driver who you know for a fact received a DUI/DWI, lost his license and failed to report it to mgt?

Why, unless you are member of management, would you care or report a driver in this situation? Don't you have enough to worry about without policing the rest of the people you work around?

Borderline 9.5

Had that very thing happen in my center. This is in the early 80's before anybody gave a damn about seatbelts.
Old timer, never wore his belt. 62 years old, 3 months before retiring.
P-600. Cut a corner short, rear wheels ran over the curb flipping the car on it's side.
Threw him out the door and landed right on top of him. Killed him instantly. Horrible.
You be doing the guy a favor reporting him whether he thinks so or not.

You must be in my center, I knew Cap

brownIEman

I'll bet a buck, it's all recorded and downloadable. Too easy.

you owe someone a buck. Telematics reports are all based on the DIAD. To even begin looking at travel information in telematics you first have to select which route you want to look at. The route info ALL comes from the DIADS.

UPSGUY72

I deliver trailers to a small "hub". I watch the pt(non mgt) shuffle cars into the lineup. Same guy, every morning. He doesn't wear a seatbelt-ever. Small hub, only on property. I domicile out of a medium-size hub in a medium-size city. That is a cardinal sin here. I have suggested to the pt all of this and he just shrugs. I have counciled him that if the wrong person see's that........all to no avail. People have fallen out of their pkg car and have been run-over by the very same pkg car. Even at yard speeds. Thus the rule. The best advice you just can't take....

I would have no problem bringing up safety or theft issues that I have witnesses of course with the safety issues I would first talk to the person and give him a chance to correct his actions.

I bet that not wearing his seat belt is just one of the many rules that this PTimer refuses to follow. You where nice and took him to the side and explained to him once and he obviously does give a **** what you had to say.. Most likely because you don't work out of that building. You have 2 options forget about and hope he does hurt or kill someone or himself or you can run it by a SUP by saying you have a SAFETY issue that needs to be address before some gets hurt.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'd suggest moving out of the way if you see him turn a sharp corner. Eventually he'll get caught by management or fall out and hurt himself. People such as this won't learn until something major happens, hopefully it won't take him losing his life to learn it.