What would you do?

Indecisi0n

So you have two amazon boxes in hand. You walk up the steps put the boxes on the ground where both labels are face up. You begin to start scanning the boxes as they sit on the ground and you are standing above them. Without you ringing the bell yet the person comes to the door. Do you :
A) pick the boxes up and hand them to the customer.
B) say hello or thank you and just walk away for the customer to pick them up.

kingOFchester

Grab signature and hand the boxes. I was instructed by a center manager several years ago to get signature whenever I have contact with a customer. This was after another driver sheeted a package as MCM and the package went missing. Even if I didn't get signature, I would hand the packages.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Listen old man, i was asking others opinions. Did you ask me what I do? You know what they say about people who assume (its true in this case).

The fact that you have to ask this question clearly tells me that you are in the wrong job. You do the right thing--you pick the packages up and hand them to the customer.

koc--getting a signature when the customer is standing right in front of you is a waste of both your time and the customers time. DR MC and move on. I have never had a negative DFU on a DR MC.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
koc--getting a signature when the customer is standing right in front of you is a waste of both your time and the customers time. DR MC and move on. I have never had a negative DFU on a DR MC.

It is hardly a waste of MY time, seeing as I am compensated for every second I am doing work for the company. If you make contact with someone, why not grab a sig? Less likely that they can, later deny receiving the package.

UPSGUY72

Grab signature and hand the boxes. I was instructed by a center manager several years ago to get signature whenever I have contact with a customer. This was after another driver sheeted a package as MCM and the package went missing. Even if I didn't get signature, I would hand the packages.

So if the customer didn't come to the door you would have sheeted the packages as Ni1 ??? Otherwise your just playing games with your aloud time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UpstateNYUPSer; said:

We were instructed to get a signature at every stop we could for our virtual time study. Gives u 90 seconds at each stop I believe. Just because you've never had a negative doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've had one on a MC before. I know of a situation that a laptop got indirected to a neighbor and signed for and the DFU came back negative.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So you have two amazon boxes in hand. You walk up the steps put the boxes on the ground where both labels are face up. You begin to start scanning the boxes as they sit on the ground and you are standing above them. Without you ringing the bell yet the person comes to the door. Do you :
A) pick the boxes up and hand them to the customer.
B) say hello or thank you and just walk away for the customer to pick them up.

The packages would be scanned long before I got to the house but I would hand the their packages.

kingOFchester

Some of us do not work in a bubble of goodness. Some of us deliver in questionable neighborhoods. Some of us deliver to houses that rent rooms out. Some of us work as directed. Some of us realize that a lot of what we are directed to do is a waste of time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were instructed to get a signature at every stop we could for our virtual time study. Gives u 90 seconds at each stop I believe. Just because you've never had a negative doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've had one on a MC before. I know of a situation that a laptop got indirected to a neighbor and signed for and the DFU came back negative.

We have had a mass mailing from United Healthcare for all of their insureds who are either already on will shortly be on Medicare. I have had at least 50-60 stops in the past few days of just these packages. They are about the size of our NDA envelopes. Do you really think, virtual time study or not, that I am going to get a signature on something like this? Stop, drop and roll.

BS, did your center team give you this directive? In my center if we were to do this it would result in a sit-down with the center manager for failure to follow proper DR methods.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are instructed not to scan the packages until we get to the house.

This is not the method---the method is to sheet (record) while walking when possible. 9 times out of 10 I have the package sheeted and DR location chosen as I am walking to the door. You are not using your time in the optimal manner.