What would you do?

kingOFchester

Having never been to nor spoken to anyone who has been to Integrad I have no idea what their coursework entails.

BINGO, which is exactly why some of us here get irritated with some of your posts. You make statements, accusations, assumptions and the like based on your building and what you are directed to do. You do not seem to comprehend, or at the least acknowledge, that things run so differently from building to building. You make statements as fact when you do not understand that what you are told could be the exact opposite of what others are told. When someone is following an order you want to label them based on what is going on in your building. Perhaps you could learn from your above post and realize that you do not know what other buildings are like to work in. That not everything is the same across the board. I would of thought with close to 25k posts and 5 years on BC you would of come to the realization how different things are through out UPS. Every time we get a new center manager, I am instructed to do SOME things differently from what the previous center manager requested. That alone should be a clue to how things can be different in other buildings.

Your posts are arrogant, belittling, degrading and most certainly argumentative 90% of the time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

1) Get package/s (no scanning in car) you should have checked your edd while returning from last stop, (know your next 3 delivery stops, call tag, p/u or dfu - "Next 5 stops"), you did move your work into 30" selection area right?

2) 3 point of contact out the front or back of truck.

3) Scan if you can... while walking to location you are going to leave the package.

4) Customer greets you...hand customer package (say something nice), record as DR MC.

5) Move out without delay.

oldupsman

BINGO, which is exactly why some of us here get irritated with some of your posts. You make statements, accusations, assumptions and the like based on your building and what you are directed to do. You do not seem to comprehend, or at the least acknowledge, that things run so differently from building to building. You make statements as fact when you do not understand that what you are told could be the exact opposite of what others are told. When someone is following an order you want to label them based on what is going on in your building. Perhaps you could learn from your above post and realize that you do not know what other buildings are like to work in. That not everything is the same across the board. I would of thought with close to 25k posts and 5 years on BC you would of come to the realization how different things are through out UPS. Every time we get a new center manager, I am instructed to do SOME things differently from what the previous center manager requested. That alone should be a clue to how things can be different in other buildings.

Your posts are arrogant, belittling, degrading and most certainly argumentative 90% of the time.
Ahh heck Chester, he's not that bad. Yeah he gets a little chippy once in awhile. But he just likes to stir the pot
a little. Sometimes he has some good info. And other times I just chuckle at how he really
gets some people frothing at the mouth. Don't take it personal. He knows things are different around the country.
He just enjoys the tit for tat.
Keeps things lively.

HomeDelivery

OP, you should have made this into a "poll"

now, i have to sift through all the bickering to see what the consensus was... basically, it is dependent on your local management team & you work as directed...

personally, I will not DR a flatscreen TV because the shipper (usually walmart or amazon are the culprits) are too damn cheap to pay for that service. If i follow upstate's methods, we would have lots of disputes/claims.

our division doesn't have a MC option. So if it's a high-claims item, i'll be sure to acquire a signature first, OR look for a place to safely DR the box "out of sight & out of weather" or bring it back as a send-again (driver's discretion)

I remember someone DR a flatscreen on a nice million dollar home with a huge covered porch. Landscapers were working the field at the time... one of them stole the box shortly after. Home has cameras & he got caught. & that's the only reason why the customer didn't file a claim.

Have a good peak season!

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia

At the risk of being accused, yet again, of something that's completely false, :flirtysmile3:I love you!!!!