What would you do?

lovey

So would you not tell them if you were under paid? If they short you you're gonna be screaming about how they stole your hard earned money. It works the same both ways.

Definitely should tell his management team. Even if nothing becomes of it will show his integrity and he was not trying to get over. Could mean a lot a few years down the road if you mess up big time.

MethodsMan

I've heard of a seniority mishap where a guy bid a FT job even though he transferred and wasn't supposed to keep building seniority. 90 days came and passed and he got to keep his position and the guy he bid over was SOL.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
At a previous employer quite a few years ago, I took a couple of days off for the birth of one of our children.
The next paycheck I noticed that I had been paid for those days. Immediately, I went into the office and told them of the error.
The office manager shrugged and told me it had been approved by the owner and to enjoy the new baby.
Great company and great people to work for. They truly valued their employees.

Z

ZQXC

Quick story, back in the 80's my dad bought a mini van that was top of the line. Never got any bills for the monthly payment sent to him . Year after year went by, he thought he was in the clear. WRONG. Accounting WILL eventually find the error , it may take quite a while , but they will find it. Do what you will, but be warned, it's not free money. Your going to have to pay it back sooner or later.

That type of behavior would set a real good example for the kids.