What would you do ?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We make 3 attempts. Do we RTS packages because of bad weather, dogs in yard, road closed etc. come back the next day.
Nope.

The store made a business decision to refuse to sign for the shoes.

RTS them. We cant spend all day wandering around the store getting jerked around and begging for a signature. Its not fair to the customers who WANT to sign for their packages to make them wait even longer while we waste time on someone who DOESNT.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Went to a Grocery store today had 3 package 1 for the pharmacy, a NDA pay checks that get delivered to service desk, and a box of shoes that get delivered to the back of the store.

I stop at the back door ring the button wait a couple of minutes no answer then get back in the car and drive around front and go to the service counter. I put the pay checks and shoes down and and hold the package for the pharmacy. The guy at the front desk ask what are theses I say paychecks and a pair of shoes. He consults with a person in the back room and tells me that he isn't signing for the shoes I have to go around back. I tell him I was already there no one answered the door. He them says I'll call someone to meet you. I tell that ok I'm not going back you can sign for them or I'm sending them back. He says his boss said not to sign for them. I delete the shoes from the DIAD and hand it to him he signs his name I take the shoes and head toward the pharmacy. On the way sheeting the shoes as refused other refused to sign for. He must of thought I was joking.

I ran it by one of my SUP's a couple of hour later and he agreed I did the right thing.
Honestly, I would have climbed up on his desk and took a dump.

Future

Victory Ride
Under consignee "dock" closed.....ni1...try again 2 morrow....you did the right thing trying to take it to the front desk, but not so much on sending it back.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
25 years ago i;d have sent them back. Now..............I remember I am paid by the hour and will go to the original spot. IMO it isnt worth pissing someone off and having to deal with them wanting to play "getback " every time i deliver there

You're clearly a route driver, the OP is clearly a cover driver.

I would have done the same thing too way back when, because I knew that I didn't have to deal with the same customers day in and day out.

10 point

NR1 when you didn't actually talk to the consignee at the delivery point?

NI1 prompts a del notice scan that proves you made the attempt at the correct door.

NR1 requires no scan because you "supposedly" talked to someone and they said they weren't ready...for you to pick something up.

Borderline 9.5

Nope.

RTS them. We cant spend all day wandering around the store getting jerked around and begging for a signature. Its not fair to the customers who WANT to sign for their packages to make them wait even longer while we waste time on someone who DOESNT.

I have to disagree, the employee who refused to sign was not authorized to sign for this particular package. The driver went to that location and no one was there. He just has to go to the rear delivery location to seek a signature. After 3 attempts at that location should he RTS package. Each one of those locations is a separate stop and should be treated as such. If no one was at the pharmacy and he tried to deliver to the front desk and they refused would you send it back

S

selfcancelsignal

I would have just ambled around back again at my usual leisurely pace.
If on a split or rural route? Definitely. If on a busy city route? Probably. I still believe in service.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Nope.

As friendly as you are with your customers, I don't see you doing this. I seem to find a way to get rid of every package. Coming across as a hard ass isn't one of them. Wish I had the same charm back in my single days.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

NI1 prompts a del notice scan that proves you made the attempt at the correct door.

NR1 requires no scan because you "supposedly" talked to someone and they said they weren't ready...for you to pick something up.

Not In's are not for business deliveries. If you go to a business and they are not in, the business would be closed, yes?

It's fun to toy with stupid customers, especially when you know you're in the right

ArcherUTR

He did talk to someone from the business.

No where does NR1 prompt you for anything about a pick up. The package goes out the same the next day just as any send again would, as a delivery.

ArcherUTR

Not In's are not for business deliveries. If you go to a business and they are not in, the business would be closed, yes?

It's fun to toy with stupid customers, especially when you know you're in the right

In general I agree about CL1 is for commercial addresses; however, why then does your board prompt you for 1 RES - 2 COMM after the use of NI1? If you hit 2, it does not change it from NI1 to CL1.

What'dyabringmetoday???

This can get very complex- say you deliver out in the boonies and the "business" is "open" but nobody is there. Maybe they are out back gutting a deer or something. Technically they are not closed, right? They could be considered not in because they are not in the building. The things a UPS driver goes through...

PT Car Washer

This can get very complex- say you deliver out in the boonies and the "business" is "open" but nobody is there. Maybe they are out back gutting a deer or something. Technically they are not closed, right? They could be considered not in because they are not in the building. The things a UPS driver goes through...
If it that far out in the sticks I would DR front door or SDN.

10 point

NIs apply when you have two doctors in one office under the same business name and the one doctors group won't sign for the others pkgs but the office is OPEN.

We had that issue where a cancer doctor demanded to personally sign for their expensive medications and worked in a Drs group.

They weren't closed but HE was NOT IN....stop complete...commercial.

oldngray

nowhere special
NIs apply when you have two doctors in one office under the same business name and the one doctors group won't sign for the others pkgs but the office is OPEN.

We had that issue where a cancer doctor demanded to personally sign for their expensive medications and worked in a Drs group.

They weren't closed but HE was NOT IN....stop complete...commercial.

CLO, not NI. NI is for residential and CLO is closed business.

10 point

Yep. NOT IN....stop complete.... Commercial.

When they find your del notice and check the disposition on it and it says they were Closed they will refute that if they're grumpy folks that won't acknowledge they were absent during that period of time when the sign said Open.