What would you do ?

oldngray

nowhere special
Everyone must have different training. It's still stop completed as commercial.

The CLO vs NI rules went back to before DIADs and there was no residential/commercial tag after you hit stop complete. As far as I know, that distinction has never changed. Probably newer drivers just never heard of it. A lot of old methods are supposed to still be around but the sups training people don't even know about them.

AKCoverMan

we've been told if you sheet NI then hit "Commercial" that it treats It just like CL. So if you do NI between 1200-1300 or after 1700 then hit "Commercial" you get hit with a missed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yep. NOT IN....stop complete.... Commercial.

When they find your del notice and check the disposition on it and it says they were Closed they will refute that if they're grumpy folks that won't acknowledge they were absent during that period of time when the sign said Open.

The package would be delivered on the first attempt.

Resident know-it-all.

oldngray

nowhere special
we've been told if you sheet NI then hit "Commercial" that it treats It just like CL. So if you do NI between 1200-1300 or after 1700 then hit "Commercial" you get hit with a missed.

And also if you either tag it as a residential or DR (automatically a residential) UPS looks to charge more for delivery vs a business stop.

By The Book

In general I agree about CL1 is for commercial addresses; however, why then does your board prompt you for 1 RES - 2 COMM after the use of NI1? If you hit 2, it does not change it from NI1 to CL1.
I think the res/comm keys are for billing. You know for our easy to figure out rate structure.

10 point

The CLO vs NI rules went back to before DIADs and there was no residential/commercial tag after you hit stop complete. As far as I know, that distinction has never changed. Probably newer drivers just never heard of it. A lot of old methods are supposed to still be around but the sups training people don't even know about them.
If it was before diads it was on paper so how did you "hit stop complete"?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Bare with me, I know I'm assuming, but in most grocery stores you could just walk down an aisle and get to the back dock receiver from the inside.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

There was no tag other than using NI or CLO was my point. And the methods of CLO being used for business stops never changed.
Sure. I understand what you're saying. I'll ask the BD rep to see what happens to the bill, if anything, by sheeting it NI / commercial.

I don't sheet any stop CLO if its open unless it's a separate stop within the same address/facility of another or adjacent business.

Updated training?
Heck, our center manager doesn't even read the updates we get in our diad training on next day air falsification. Go figure.

Imchar1

Sounds like frys or safeway. Not ready on the backdoor... try to slip it in at service desk... pharm inside delivery.... that way if service desk doesnt take the shoes your covered... u cant put closed ... if boss asks no one answered back door and they refused up front... actually sounds like wal mart.... you get the hair place nail place vision center... blah blah i hate wal mart..

I hate grocery stores or anyplace i cant drop all in 1 spot.

ArcherUTR

No, you would DR the customers package by using the RelNum softKey button which prompts you after the driver release whether it was a residence or commercial. Never ever sign for customer packages.

OptimusPrime

There must be a special hiring firm used for dock receiving staff. I have never before ran across so me egomaniacs that think they own the company. Whether it be them arguing a nonexistent pickup(we do front desk, photo, and pharmacy. The dock had no packages that day.) She was up in arms the next day about how I failed a pickup the day before.) trying to make me do their job(those packages go here, those go to the meat department, and those go to produce(not going to happen) or arguing over stupid times.(Our system shuts down at 11:30am, we can't process anything after that. Baloney. You quit working at 11:30 and just want to stand around. And even if there was a mythical computer system that locked out users at a said time, it would be easy as pie to sign for the packages and check them in when your "system" comes online the next morning.)

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
LEFT INFO NOTICE AS CLOSE, GET THE SIGNATURE FOR THE OTHER PACKAGES , GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO CREATE A SITUATION.....NOT COOL!