What would you do ?

UPSGUY72

I have to disagree, the employee who refused to sign was not authorized to sign for this particular package. The driver went to that location and no one was there. He just has to go to the rear delivery location to seek a signature. After 3 attempts at that location should he RTS package. Each one of those locations is a separate stop and should be treated as such. If no one was at the pharmacy and he tried to deliver to the front desk and they refused would you send it back

Wrong you don't Ni1 or Cl1 a package for a business that is open just because someone would sign for one package but not another.

Pharmacies at grocery stores are open everyday and hour of are delivery window for them so that theory isn't going to work.

UPSGUY72

You're clearly a route driver, the OP is clearly a cover driver.

I would have done the same thing too way back when, because I knew that I didn't have to deal with the same customers day in and day out.

I don't care if I have to deal with the idiot everyday he had the chance to sign or not sign and refuse the package and it would be sent back. I told him what was going to happen. He apparently didn't think I would do what I did. I'm sure next time things will be different.

Borderline 9.5

Wrong you don't Ni1 or Cl1 a package for a business that is open just because someone would sign for one package but not another.

Pharmacies at grocery stores are open everyday and hour of are delivery window for them so that theory isn't going to work.

can you decipher the last part for me?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The dock had no packages that day.) She was up in arms the next day about how I failed a pickup the day before.) trying to make me do their job(those packages go here, those go to the meat department, and those go to produce(not going to happen) or arguing over stupid times.

You've gotta love when people try to force you to do their job because they think we're supposed to.

A woman in a department store consistently insists that I have to seal up their pickup packages whenever I cover the route. So, I'll stand there and wait until they seal it, and EVERY time she says "Well, the other guys seal it up" and I politely/sarcastically inform her that I am NOT the other guys. The last few times I've gone in she has refused to seal it up, at which point I tell her to have a nice day, and walk out the door.

If you don't deliver packages in the 100+degree weather, then I won't seal up the package which has sat on your desk all day in your A/C office

Overpaid Union Thug

Went to a Grocery store today had 3 package 1 for the pharmacy, a NDA pay checks that get delivered to service desk, and a box of shoes that get delivered to the back of the store.

I stop at the back door ring the button wait a couple of minutes no answer then get back in the car and drive around front and go to the service counter. I put the pay checks and shoes down and and hold the package for the pharmacy. The guy at the front desk ask what are theses I say paychecks and a pair of shoes. He consults with a person in the back room and tells me that he isn't signing for the shoes I have to go around back. I tell him I was already there no one answered the door. He them says I'll call someone to meet you. I tell that ok I'm not going back you can sign for them or I'm sending them back. He says his boss said not to sign for them. I delete the shoes from the DIAD and hand it to him he signs his name I take the shoes and head toward the pharmacy. On the way sheeting the shoes as refused other refused to sign for. He must of thought I was joking.

I ran it by one of my SUP's a couple of hour later and he agreed I did the right thing.

IF I go to the rear door first (depends on the store) and there is no answer I NI and leave the notice just in case the front desk won't sign. If they will I just void the NI. At Wal-Mart I NI and they'll just have a double order the next day. Here we can usually get away with with going straight to the service desk at most grocery stores (unless something is for the pharmacy).

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
I had a grocery store with a complete :censored2: as a manager, He wouldn't let anyone else sign for packages, insisted all deliveries in back, and only he had the key to unlock the back door. You could ring the buzzer and if he was doing anything else he would make you wait (which was almost every time). If he wasn't around nobody would come but you would have no way of knowing it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I had a grocery store with a complete :censored2: as a manager, He wouldn't let anyone else sign for packages, insisted all deliveries in back, and only he had the key to unlock the back door. You could ring the buzzer and if he was doing anything else he would make you wait (which was almost every time). If he wasn't around nobody would come but you would have no way of knowing it.
I had one like that, so I just put them on the "3 minute rule" and if they didnt get the door open in 3 minutes I left a note and scanned it Clo1, 2 or 3 as needed. They wound up having several important packages get RTS'd after 3 attempts and made a business decision to allow me to use the front door if no one answered in back. Sometimes you just have to respect the customers wishes and allow them to experience the consequences of their choices.

UPSGUY72

I had one like that, so I just put them on the "3 minute rule" and if they didnt get the door open in 3 minutes I left a note and scanned it Clo1, 2 or 3 as needed. They wound up having several important packages get RTS'd after 3 attempts and made a business decision to allow me to use the front door if no one answered in back. Sometimes you just have to respect the customers wishes and allow them to experience the consequences of their choices.

Exactly we provided a service and good customer service that doesn't mean we have to take getting jerked around just to appease the customer.

UPSGUY72

IF I go to the rear door first (depends on the store) and there is no answer I NI and leave the notice just in case the front desk won't sign. If they will I just void the NI. At Wal-Mart I NI and they'll just have a double order the next day. Here we can usually get away with with going straight to the service desk at most grocery stores (unless something is for the pharmacy).

Sent using BrownCafe App

The pharmacy is never closed during are delivery hours so that isn't an issue. I don't Ni1 packages for open business just because so idiot doesn't want to sign for a package. the only time I Ni a package for a business is when the receiving hours are closed.

Overpaid Union Thug

The pharmacy is never closed during are delivery hours so that isn't an issue. I don't Ni1 packages for open business just because so idiot doesn't want to sign for a package. the only time I Ni a package for a business is when the receiving hours are closed.

NI is really the only option for that situation. They aren't closed. You aren't supposed to use "not ready" as well as just about any other option available. They certainly aren't refusing the package. Refusing to sign is not the same as refusing the delivery. NI is the most accurate because they aren't there to answer the door.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have an NDA question....didn't want to start a whole new thread. Say it's 10:28 and you're at 12 Main st delivering an air. You stop complete and then scan the air for 55 Main St and leave the stop open for 5 min while you drive there....so it won't look like it's late. Is that allowed?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I have an NDA question....didn't want to start a whole new thread. Say it's 10:28 and you're at 12 Main st delivering an air. You stop complete and then scan the air for 55 Main St and leave the stop open for 5 min while you drive there....so it won't look like it's late. Is that allowed?

Not only is that allowed but they have a new report to show them who is doing that so they can give a special award!

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not only is that allowed but they have a new report to show them who is doing that so they can give a special award!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Lol the reason I asked is because I thought I saw the driver scan the air before we left 12 Main (but I said nothing)

We get to 55 Main and he hands me the air...I ask if he needs to scan it, he's said, nope I already did and hands me the board. When I return to the truck...he explains that's okay to do that as long as you don't stop complete until you're at the actual address. All I said was...If anyone ever asks...I didn't see a thing...lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
Lol the reason I asked is because I thought I saw the driver scan the air before we left 12 Main (but I said nothing)

We get to 55 Main and he hands me the air...I ask
if he needs to scan it, he's said, nope I already did and hands me the board to go deliver it. When I return to the truck...he explains that's okay to do that as long as you don't stop complete until you're at the actual address. All I said was...If anyone ever asks...I didn't see a thing...lol.

That used to be OK. Until customers started complaining. Now it is tracked and not allowed. Except in the BOG.

Z

ZQXC

Lol the reason I asked is because I thought I saw the driver scan the air before we left 12 Main...we get to 55 Main and he hands me the air...I ask
if he needs to scan it, he's said, nope I already did and hands me the board to go deliver it. When I return to the truck...he explains that's okay to do that as long as you don't stop complete until you're at the actual address. All I said was...If anyone ever asks...I didn't see a thing...lol.

The next time you see that driver let him know that ups plots on a satellite view map the location (and time) for the scan, delivery point, and stop complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

ZQXC

That used to be OK. Until customers started complaining. Now it is tracked and not allowed. Except in the BOG.

In the BOG they go around shoving rainbows up everyone's butt, and once a week you get to take home a trophy (at 5 o'clock).