What would you do?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Who closes their receiving at 11:30? NR1 the air and if you're not back in time then tough s--t. Maybe they'll try and figure something out when all their stuff keeps getting sent back.

UPSGUY72

If go to a business and no one want to sign. I respectful and firmly say I understand you're refusing the package. If they told me no you need to come back later I'd tell them it doesn't work that way I'm here and your here you either sign or refuse the package. Then it's in there court they can sign or call my bluff. If they call I sheet them as refused and call the OMS clerk back at the building to let them know what happen so when they get a call about the situation they aren't surprised and already know what happen so the customer can't try to change the story to benefit them.

What ever you do keep your OMS clerk and your ORS in the loop the more info they have before the customer calls and complains the better.

UPSGUY72

I would mark it ni1 send a msg to center deliver with ground never hear a word.

If I did that I would sheet every package ground and Air Ni1 and come back tomorrow and try again. But than again I deliver all he air and ground for each stop at the same time.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We have a place that gets about 100 pcs a day and closes at 9:30am. Driver has to high tail it straight there after PCM or they do refuse them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I tried that. I brought 2 packages into the office that were NDA's and said can you sign for these I need to get them off by 10:30. She said "Nope sorry, you have to wait for one of the docks to open up" which I respond "There's a line of trucks waiting to get in" and walked away. I ended up sheeting them as closed today.

I'm more concerned with running orion 90% and not being ridiculously over miles so no I don't come back.
If the docks are full put it on a dolly and take it in. When they say no tell them ok. They are refused and will be sent back. Inform your sup that you're sheeting them refused.

Rinse and repeat.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Let your sup know is the biggest thing. I'd be willing to bet they will tell you to put NI1 or refused. They would rather that than have late air on the report..

porkwagon

NR is indeed for call tags. Sheeting "refused" and RTSing them will invite problems for you. I would sheet NI1 and return the next day or later that same day. Ask your manager what to do and grab a shop steward while your at it to cya. Customers like this suck. They have a line? Well so do you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have a place that gets about 100 pcs a day and closes at 9:30am. Driver has to high tail it straight there after PCM or they do refuse them.
That would be fine with me. After a week or two of refusing all of their shipments each day, I suspect that they might consider adjusting their 9:30 AM deadline.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Technically they did not refuse the shipment as they told him all deliveries go to the dock.
But the dock was unavailable and the 11:30 deadline they have imposed cannot be met. If the customer refuses to accept deliveries at an alternate time/location then they are refusing the delivery period. Send the packages back. UPS has already collected revenue for those packages, so we will collect even more revenue when those same packages get re-shipped. Eventually, the consignee will grow tired of having their shipments RTS's and will have no choice but to make some sort of reasonable arrangements for receiving deliveries.