What would you do???

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by spudlevi, Aug 13, 2015.

1. spudlevi

spudlevi New Member

What would you do?? Myself and another driver are out of option days and we both call in sick on the same day. I get a warning letter and nothing happens to him! That isn't right at all , but having issues on what to do and how to grieve that. What would you do if you were in this boat of getting punished and not the other??

2. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

So you want to get him in trouble along with yourself?

3. spudlevi

spudlevi New Member

No!! Not at all, that just isn't right at all and along the lines of discrimination.

4. spudlevi

spudlevi New Member

Do you think that is fair?

5. packagesmashet

packagesmashet New Member

How many occurrences do you have in the last 12 months. Any thing over 5 you can get a warning letter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

How would throwing another employee under the bus make you right?

I know this wasn't your intention but I see it all the time. A boss tells driver A he can't wear his brand of boot. He then turns around and says "Well driver B has the same boots". This doesn't make you right it now just make him go after driver B and you!

Like mentioned before I'm sure you don't know his history. Go to your rep of you think your being singled out. Otherwise just zip it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

In a nutshell, no it wouldn't be fair to give one a warning letter and not the other. It's only a warning letter, and let's make sure you actually get one before you go crazy. Management will say things and do the opposite here so enjoy the ride. On the days you took off did you always call in or did they call you? That would sting if they called you a lot asking you if you wanted the day, and you said yes, and look where that got you! Warning letters are just that, to correct a behavior, and usually are protested, but no grievance.

8. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

We grieve them here. All comes down to your attendance, if you good on that, grive it, if not, go to work or get suspended the next time you call in.

9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Call in tomorrow. That will teach them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Life ain't fair. You got a warning letter, and he didn't, suck it up and move on.

Don't call out next time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

I'd be more concerned about burning up all your option days and we just started the 8th month of the year. Sounds like you have an attendance problem. Management is trying to nip it in the bud. They are sending you a message. I'd heed it and come to work even if I felt like sleeping in. If you REALLY are sick and miss work the next 4 months, look for more and increasing discipline.. Grieve every one and bring a DR excuse any time you have to go to a doctor. Maybe he had some of his days off together, and you took yours 1 day at a time, causing more incidences. Good luck to you.

12. spudlevi

spudlevi New Member

I can take that! I like a straight answer. And yes your ABSOLUTLY correct

13. spudlevi

spudlevi New Member

Thanks for your comment brother

14. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

call in sick.

you are welcome. ( advance )

15. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

Were you sick?

16. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

that's irrelevant.

17. Billy Ray

No, it's not.

18. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

The way I verbalize it to our drivers is; I ask them to not try and bring themselves up, by bringing someone else down.
    Teamsters don't do that, period.

19. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Depends on the area and supplement.
    Most of us are covered under what is called a no fault attendance policy, while several enjoy a limited number of paid sick days.
    With a no fault policy, it doesn't matter why you miss, it's an occurence, hence Cement saying "irrelevant".
    If you have sick days, you better be sick or will be subject to being accused of dishonesty if you aren't...and they can prove it.

20. Billy Ray

My position is, that if you are out of option days and you call in sick (although you are not), don't come on here crying about a warning letter.