What would you do???

spudlevi

What would you do?? Myself and another driver are out of option days and we both call in sick on the same day. I get a warning letter and nothing happens to him! That isn't right at all , but having issues on what to do and how to grieve that. What would you do if you were in this boat of getting punished and not the other??

Indecisi0n

How would throwing another employee under the bus make you right?

I know this wasn't your intention but I see it all the time. A boss tells driver A he can't wear his brand of boot. He then turns around and says "Well driver B has the same boots". This doesn't make you right it now just make him go after driver B and you!

Like mentioned before I'm sure you don't know his history. Go to your rep of you think your being singled out. Otherwise just zip it.

By The Book

What would you do?? Myself and another driver are out of option days and we both call in sick on the same day. I get a warning letter and nothing happens to him! That isn't right at all , but having issues on what to do and how to grieve that. What would you do if you were in this boat of getting punished and not the other??
In a nutshell, no it wouldn't be fair to give one a warning letter and not the other. It's only a warning letter, and let's make sure you actually get one before you go crazy. Management will say things and do the opposite here so enjoy the ride. On the days you took off did you always call in or did they call you? That would sting if they called you a lot asking you if you wanted the day, and you said yes, and look where that got you! Warning letters are just that, to correct a behavior, and usually are protested, but no grievance.

upschuck

We grieve them here. All comes down to your attendance, if you good on that, grive it, if not, go to work or get suspended the next time you call in.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I'd be more concerned about burning up all your option days and we just started the 8th month of the year. Sounds like you have an attendance problem. Management is trying to nip it in the bud. They are sending you a message. I'd heed it and come to work even if I felt like sleeping in. If you REALLY are sick and miss work the next 4 months, look for more and increasing discipline.. Grieve every one and bring a DR excuse any time you have to go to a doctor. Maybe he had some of his days off together, and you took yours 1 day at a time, causing more incidences. Good luck to you.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How would throwing another employee under the bus make you right?

I know this wasn't your intention but I see it all the time. A boss tells driver A he can't wear his brand of boot. He then turns around and says "Well driver B has the same boots". This doesn't make you right it now just make him go after driver B and you!

Like mentioned before I'm sure you don't know his history. Go to your rep of you think your being singled out. Otherwise just zip it.
The way I verbalize it to our drivers is; I ask them to not try and bring themselves up, by bringing someone else down.
Teamsters don't do that, period.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Were you sick?
that's irrelevant.
Depends on the area and supplement.
Most of us are covered under what is called a no fault attendance policy, while several enjoy a limited number of paid sick days.
With a no fault policy, it doesn't matter why you miss, it's an occurence, hence Cement saying "irrelevant".
If you have sick days, you better be sick or will be subject to being accused of dishonesty if you aren't...and they can prove it.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Depends on the area and supplement.
Most of us are covered under what is called a no fault attendance policy, while several enjoy a limited number of paid sick days.
With a no fault policy, it doesn't matter why you miss, it's an occurence, hence Cement saying "irrelevant".
If you have sick days, you better be sick or will be subject to being accused of dishonesty if you aren't and they can prove it.

My position is, that if you are out of option days and you call in sick (although you are not), don't come on here crying about a warning letter.