What would you guys do? FRUSTRATED!!!!

UPSGUY72

We don't hire casuals anymore. Do you have the same local rider as we do? Pg 214? NYS? As I told Upchuck, I was the one in the office dealing with labor and the union. I was the one who actually read the words and understood the meaning. I didn't have an agenda, as I was never a cover driver. Arent you the one who is so quick to point out how things vary from area to area?

We have casuals 3 this year some days they work some days they don't. We don't have PT Cover drivers. IF your a cover driver in my area you are a FT driver just with no bid route.

HULKAMANIA

We have casuals 3 this year some days they work some days they don't. We don't have PT Cover drivers. IF your a cover driver in my area you are a FT driver just with no bid route.

To my understanding this is exactly what I am. According to my job status via UPS.com is Im a FT Driver. Now where you guys come up with the differences between all the rest I have no idea. I seriously think UPS needs to simplify alot of this mumbo jumbo, OH wait that would make too much sense!

UPSGUY72

To my understanding this is exactly what I am. According to my job status via UPS.com is Im a FT Driver. Now where you guys come up with the differences between all the rest I have no idea. I seriously think UPS needs to simplify alot of this mumbo jumbo, OH wait that would make too much sense!

You need to check your job status with your HR person not UPS.com.

We have the national Agreement that we all fall under and then there are riders and supplement that different areas. Riders and supplements differ because Upsers in different area wanted different stuff in there contract it would be hard to have one set of rules that covers the whole US.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We just had a double bid for two FT casuals. First time ever that I have seen at my center. We have several PT cover drivers. We, also, have a couple air drivers. The am one gets close to FT hours. One of the many jobs I have held before going FT.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We just had a double bid for two FT casuals. First time ever that I have seen at my center. We have several PT cover drivers. We, also, have a couple air drivers. The am one gets close to FT hours. One of the many jobs I have held before going FT.

Does this air driver service an extended area with a commit time after 10:30, or are they doing ground work?

nocturnalbuck

pardon me if someone already said this.....but my initial reaction is FILE FOR UNEMPLOYMENT duh. that's the quickest way to get them to work you. in my state umemployment is 300 something. you should get 300 something minus the 100 that you earned.
i was in the same mindset as you until 2-3 months went by , i was not making any money and i was arguing with my wife all the time. i started collecting and bam working 2 -3 days a week .

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't know where you are, but here they are required to post your scheduled start time the friday of the preceding week for the following week.
Although they list people as on call, there is no contractual language to support this practice.
If it were me, and the same language holds true in your region, I would simply inquire every Friday as to your start time the following week and if I wasn't scheduled i would file for unemployment the following Monday.
IMHO you are under no obligation to sit by the phone on a daily basis waiting for a call that may or may not come.

CONTACT YOUR STEWARD AND BA!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have 5 casuals in Plattsburgh. None of them are FT and as such are not guaranteed their 8 hours. We don't have any PT cover drivers or air drivers--our air driver is no longer employed with the company after being off for an extended time with an "injury".

menotyou

bella amicizia
Does this air driver service an extended area with a commit time after 10:30, or are they doing ground work?
He goes to the airport at 3:25am. He gets both waves. His back to building, hopefully, about 8:30. Then, knowing my center, he could be doing anything. Servicing air so it's not late as drivers are over-dispatched, shuttling a bulk stop(ground) to a driver, whatever they ask. No one grieves it. I don't know why. I did the same thing he is, most likely, doing. I received very healthy checks. Fluffy(as we affectionately call him) is a nice kid who will not make waves. The other air driver/cover driver(they use them as both-pay cover rate when cover driving) does the PM air shuttle. He works metro until 7:30 when he has to leave to make the plane.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I was hired as an outsider after being a pt sup for 6 yrs, and 8 yrs total pt. I was offered a job, 70 miles away, ft driver, I took it. I drove 140+ miles a day for 4.5 yrs. I was "suppose" to get the wage I was getting, like ptimers do when the go full time, until the progression goes over their rate. Did not. I was making what equallled a driver rate of 20 per hr, for sup work, at 5 hrs a day. Never ever worked 5 usually 8 or more, my bad, I did it, was dumb. I took this job, they dropped my rate to new driver status and there was nothing I could do but quit. 9.19 ph, driving like I said 140 miles a day. On call at 8 and it took me 1 hr 10 minutes to get there. While a position opened in my center that I had left. I wrote a letter to my dm which was almost 20 yrs ago. My mother developed, rest her soul, lung cancer. I asked to be transferred back to that center since they were working me there every day, so I could be near her and check on her, Im still waiting on the answer, my Mom died, I moved to be closer to work, once she was gone, then my Dad got sick. All gone now, I have a job, in a town I know no one but customers. I make a lot of money and have no family here. Move on with your life at your first chance. UPS doesnt care about your life you are just a number. If I were 20 yrs younger I would leave but no one is left to go back to. So IMO, leave now. It is truly not worth it, UPS is not the only work out there, and most companies treat employees a whole lot better.

Toonertoo, sorry for all that I just read on your history. Must be hard to accept. Driver pay doesn't fix everything and being stuck in a city of strangers is a hard thing. Sorry bout your parents and the distance the career put between u guys.

I'm stuck working out of a city that I hate, Ghetto. Live as far away as commutably possible but to far far from Most family and friends.