What would you have done?

satellitedriver

I guess in your old age you have it all figured out don't you. Isn't it amazing the information you get out of your search engine in such a timely manner:wink2:The cut and paste saved me typing of info that I already knew. Us, "old age" guy's are lazy.
Yes, Google is amazing and that is why I bought in at their IPO.

I never said I was a rastafairian just a rasta and you knew exactly what I ment when I said it.No, I only know Rasta's as Rastafarian's. No need to google your definition of rastafairian - that was really stupid most def.It might have been stupid of me, to clarify definitiions of terms used in ignorance.

The bleeding hearts of society will always use the "kids" word when it comes to the drug issue. The kids..the kids. What kids? Yeah, there are casualties- 200million population- there will be casualties but its more of a football that is kicked around to sway opinions.May I politely say, BS.

Opium is the biggest cash engine in many countries and I'm sure some of the wealth funds military(considered legitimate military and non legitimate military - depends what side you're on(I have picked my side) when labeling such )which brings me to my point about "terrorists". There are no "terrorists".( You lost all validity with that last statement.) You have to look at the big picture and understand every battlefront has two sides. One would be deemed patriotic and one would be deemed terrorist. Once again, it depends on what side your on. "terrorist" is a media tool. Wow, with your logic, Stalin, Adolph and Mao had every right to kill over 50 million, of their own people, and they controlled the media.

And whats this crap about my lifes experience being "full of it"? Yeah, it was "full of it". From 1986 to 1996 I smoked more pot in that period than most people will smoke in their entire lifetime. Am I bragging? NO. Am I ashamed in any way ? Why would I be. Did I have fun? HELL YES! I've known many dealers and spent almost 2 decades in or around the trade. Funny that when I had pounds of weed fronted to me or when I had to pay my bill handling thousands of dollars in cash no one pulled a gun and shot me because they were "stoned and stupid". It was just business between businessmen.You started in 86', I was in the middle of it in 68'. (Funny how those numbers transpose) .
Business between businessmen?:peaceful: Maybe, that is how it worked in the suburbs, of WhiteyTown, in1986.
Friend,
I have had a 38 pointed between my nipples because I walked into a room at the wrong time. Drug deals can get very ,messy.
Just one story, of the life.

Every day is a learning expereince. Are you kidding me? The day you stop learning you start dying. Remember that. So my question to you is . . . are you still learning or did you start dying?
Everyday is a living expereince.
To answer your direct question about learning,all I can say is that I try.
As to the dying part,
we all are, from the day we were born.

satellitedriver

* yawns *

logic. validity.

* laughs *

politely says:
WHA - TEVER

Let your Freak Flag Fly!!!!!!
RastaFlagWhtZm.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
You could have delivered it to the next crack house down the block- got a fake signature from them- left a delivery notice on the first crack houses door and laughed at the evening news about the drug wars on your route. With any luck they would have wiped each other out.

UPSGUY72

I had an 3 EAM's on Saturday. As soon as I saw the packages, I knew something was up. Local law enforcement used to come to our hub with a dog and screen packages, but they haven't been there in a while.

Anyways, the 3 packages were 13 lbs. each. They were going to a suburb of one of the poorest cities in the country. They were EAM, taped and glued throughout and the label stated to "leave on front porch, no signature required."

I get to the address, it's a dilapitated house, almost looked abandoned, no curtains, from the outside I could see piles of clothes insideand there were 2 shady individuals parked in a sedan across from the house.

I DR the 3 and went on my way. If you suspect something is up, do you have any obligation to report it? What would you have done?

Didn't you get the memo UPS doesn't pay you to think. As one of my ORS would say when you start thinking you just get yourself in trouble

D

Dis-organized Labor

I'm still waiting for my freakin' packages Mon (Rasta-far-I)

I use de bud for inspiration to bash de AMT's, Mon (Rasta-far-I-a)

D

Dis-organized Labor

This guy sounds new & came here for advice from some old pro's,NOT to get made a fool of!!! First of all that side of town to me sounds like a non D.R area,and for some reason the pkg could be D.R it's always up to the driver!! If you don't feel comfortable with a D>R ,it's up to you!! Thats the way I was taught 20 yrs ago & I always stuck by it !!!!

Have some fun!!!

If one is looking here for some serious advice on this public board instead of their Sup/Mgr/Colleagues, they'll have to filter their "advice"

UPS Lifer

"Hi, I am Joe Driver from UPS. I had 3 suspicious looking pkgs and a gut feeling that something wasn't quite right but didn't bother asking a supervisor for guidance. I made it out to the house and everything about it screamed "crack house". There were 2 dudes parked in a car across the street waiting for me to leave the pkgs. The pkgs were clearly marked 'Please leave by front door--no signature required' so I didn't see a problem with leaving the pkgs by the door."

Yeah, that'll work.

My thoughts EXACTLY!! These posts that say "you did your job" are way out in left field. Obviously, this driver made the effort to start a thread because he thought something might be up.... I don't know how you guys do it in your district but the drivers trained in the Pacific Region have security training and are taught to get management involved.

Where did common sense go? You have 3 EAMS for a shack in the poorest neighborhood and you deliver them???? I am thinking this might be a troll phishing for an answer to see what the typical driver would do!

UPSGUY72

My thoughts EXACTLY!! These posts that say "you did your job" are way out in left field. Obviously, this driver made the effort to start a thread because he thought something might be up.... I don't know how you guys do it in your district but the drivers trained in the Pacific Region have security training and are taught to get management involved.

Where did common sense go? You have 3 EAMS for a shack in the poorest neighborhood and you deliver them???? I am thinking this might be a troll phishing for an answer to see what the typical driver would do!

Common sense isn't to common these days.

UPS Lifer

Yeah, I am also not interested in the least bit as to what is in all the boxes I deliver. But I think there are major differences in what was taught 20 years ago and what is taught today in regards delivery procedures.

I wonder! Maybe this is why some of the more experienced drivers would bring this to the attention of a supervisor and some of the new drivers don't care.

I think these younger drivers forget (or don't realize) the ramifications of their actions. There are a lot of drugs that are found in our system and many more drug dealers who are taken down by undercover cops working with UPS. This keeps a lot of the riff-raff away from you the drivers. They would rather go through another carrier who will not take all the precautions that UPS takes. If you aren't caring drugs or money or terrorist supplies very few crooks or drug dealers will be drawn to the brown UPS vehicle - this in turn helps to keep you safe.

Something to think about.

tieguy

Banned
"Hi, I am Joe Driver from UPS. I had 3 suspicious looking pkgs and a gut feeling that something wasn't quite right but didn't bother asking a supervisor for guidance. I made it out to the house and everything about it screamed "crack house". There were 2 dudes parked in a car across the street waiting for me to leave the pkgs. The pkgs were clearly marked 'Please leave by front door--no signature required' so I didn't see a problem with leaving the pkgs by the door."

Yeah, that'll work.

Good point. I'm shocked at all the "look the other way" responses to packages that scream crack house at you. Many of us complan about drugs and how they are destroying our country yet choose to do nothing when faced with something this obvious.

UPS Lifer

I've never been held responsible for a package that was driver released properly. People are constantly watching us; the neighbor next door and the one 3 doors down. As long as I, don't see a car following me, the package will get released. You know, UPS is telling drivers that send agains is costing the company money.

I noticed you are from SoCal. Riverside Center used to be part of the SoCal District many moons ago. This happened when it was part of SoCal.

A UPS customer counter clerk was suspicious of a package and brought it to the attention of management - Well guess what was inside? The box had hand grenades inside. !!!

If she hadn't CARED - It was possible that box may have exploded somewhere in the system and could have cost some UPS employee or driver their life.

SECURITY IS EVERYBODY'S JOB!

UPSGUY72

Last time I check I worked for UPS not the Police. I deliver hundreds of packages each day to all sorts of neighborhoods and anyone of them could contain drugs. We work for a shipping company are job is to deliver packages safely and securely to the intended destination.

I wonder if the 3 EAM where going to a nice neighbrhood if there would have been any question of what was in them. This is why we don't get paid to guess what is in the packages we deliver.

The only question should have been whether or not the area was safe to leave the packages. Just becasue a EAM says DR anywhere doesn't mean you have to DR it. If you feel there might a problem with the package getting stolen then you can an should Ni1 and leave a note saying that a signature is required. Other than that DR 7 and get on to the next stop.

If the people at the address have a problem with it all you have to say that you felt there might be a problem with the packages getting stolen. Any SUP would have said no problem good call.

UPSGUY72

I noticed you are from SoCal. Riverside Center used to be part of the SoCal District many moons ago. This happened when it was part of SoCal.

A UPS customer counter clerk was suspicious of a package and brought it to the attention of management - Well guess what was inside? The box had hand grenades inside. !!!

If she hadn't CARED - It was possible that box may have exploded somewhere in the system and could have cost some UPS employee or driver their life.

SECURITY IS EVERYBODY'S JOB!

She was probably suspicious because a guy wearing camo came in with the package and ran out after dropping it off.

Everytime I Drop off the 4+ QVC boxes each day to this one address I wonder what bank the lady must have robbed this week. After all she doesn't have a job.

browniehound

Good point. I'm shocked at all the "look the other way" responses to packages that scream crack house at you. Many of us complan about drugs and how they are destroying our country yet choose to do nothing when faced with something this obvious.

I would deliver the package. When it happened again, I would deliver it again and then notify UPS or the police. Maybe the police wouldn't want these "small potatoes" arrested and could accertain more info on the big players by continuing the deliverys.

So much information could be gained by letting it continue for a time and gather the intelligence. Just by using UPS the dealers are producing clues about the big guys that local authorities could only dream about.

browned out

Driver release and away I woulda went. If I was delivering a Rasta man's marijuana good for him. Its not my business to know what I'm delivering. Even if I knew what I was delivering I wouldn't say a word. I'm not interested in getting a pat on the back while Rasta man gets pinched for a pound of weed. Sorry.

Weed sells but who's buyin'; weed sells but who's buyin'

What do ya mean I didn't make my pick up compliance?

What do ya mean I didn't get my air off in time?

"What do you mean I'm not kind? Just not your kind."