What would you have done?

Would you have delivered the packages?

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had 14 packages for a business (Vector Marketing----they sell Cutco knives) that was relocating to a new address on my area. When I got to the delivery stop there was a key in the door but there was no one in the office. There were office supplies for the staff and tools being used by the contractors for the renovation so I knew that I was at the right address. At this point I had a decision to make-----do I leave the packages and make sure that the door is locked on my way out or do I leave a delivery notice and deal with the same 14 packages tomorrow? I decided to deliver the packages and made sure that I locked the door behind me.

To answer your question, yes, I signed for the delivery.

I had 14 packages for a business (Vector Marketing----they sell Cutco knives) that was relocating to a new address on my area. When I got to the delivery stop there was a key in the door but there was no one in the office. There were office supplies for the staff and tools being used by the contractors for the renovation so I knew that I was at the right address. At this point I had a decision to make-----do I leave the packages and make sure that the door is locked on my way out or do I leave a delivery notice and deal with the same 14 packages tomorrow? I decided to deliver the packages and made sure that I locked the door behind me.

Really?

Did you scan them a mile away too?

Dear Lord.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Did you leave the key in the door, so any other fool could get in, or did you lock up and slip it throughout the mail slot, and possibly lock everybody out.

Foolish move, Dave. If anybody were to claim anything was missing, you could very well be on the hook.

(Remember that target you older guys have on your backs?)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you leave the key in the door, so any other fool could get in, or did you lock up and slip it throughout the mail slot, and possibly lock everybody out.

Foolish move, Dave. If anybody were to claim anything was missing, you could very well be on the hook.

(Remember that target you older guys have on your backs?)

I would not have done it had I not been able to secure the packages.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I've DRd stuff in empty offices but not ones that had people i don't know (the contractors) in them.

While I might not have done it in this situation I see what you are trying to do.

You're are such a glutton for punishment btw

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I would never ever do something that could result in my termination. STUPID move signing for someone s packages and certainly not something i would expect from a senior driver