What would you have done?

El Correcto

god is dead
I wouldn't of stepped out of the pc holding packages. I would of set them down in the cab faced the bulk head door closing it within my power zone. I would of then got a firm grip on the hand rail while looking before stepping out of the package car. If something still happened and I rolled an ankle I would of called it in and had them take me off route so I could get medical attention.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I roll my ankle about once every 3 months. I'm pretty sure my ankles are made of rubber by now. I limp it off for a few steps and carry on about my day. Never hurts me later either.

Savvy412

I wouldn't of stepped out of the pc holding packages. I would of set them down in the cab faced the bulk head door closing it within my power zone. I would of then got a firm grip on the hand rail while looking before stepping out of the package car. If something still happened and I rolled an ankle I would of called it in and had them take me off route so I could get medical attention.

All I had in my hand was the bag

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I rolled an ankle once in PC. Well, I changed my routine getting on and off to favor my hurt ankle. I never thought much about it but I always step in and out using the same foot forward. That day I changed it and it was awkward. I'll be danged if I didn't roll the other ankle about an hour later. Was really gimpin' along rest of day. To answer the OP's original question, like someone said earlier, I'd mention it to management when I got in, just in case it swells up on you that night or next week even. That way they can't accuse you of doing it off the job.

2:45

step out the pc.. Sprain(rolled?) the CRAP out of my ankle. I thought I broke it. I had to sit down in my pc and put water on my head it really shook me for some reason. But I took a little break and the pain went down a little.

Im on vacation all next week so I was like..I CAN DO IT!!! ONLY 4 MORE HOURS! no way im reporting this .Went to rite aid, bought a ankle support thing, bought some ibroproen and limped to the finish line lol. now I got a week to heal it.

picture might no do it justice but..I HATE HIDDEN DITCHES!

2zggtnp.jpg

n1pede.jpg
I got those shoes. I would of have reported it. You have to take care of you. No one else will.

Savvy412

I don't understand how ups would heal my ankle on vacation ?

But whatever. Maybe I shoulda mentioned it but they woulda just said. Are you injured. Or not ? And I would of said. No

Whatever well see how it feels after a week

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I did the same thing over a month ago stepping backwards out of my truck. Rolled my ankle, landed on my butt and hit my head. I probably should have gotten an X-ray because I think I cracked something on the inside of my heel. Too late now. The pain will eventually go away.

El Correcto

god is dead
What I'm saying is. I can go to a dr without a ups investigation .. Im a big boy
Their investigation will be gettin overtime for reviewing on computer and paper work. I got nipped by a small dog when I was new reported it and they got sour but I insisted. I don't know if that dog has some bird flu :censored2: I need a doctor to check it out it broke the skin.

Savvy412

If I wasn't on vaca I woulda reported it . But because I can stay off it for a week .... I'm good .

Maybe mid week I'll go to a dr to take a look at it

DOK

2:45

step out the pc.. Sprain(rolled?) the CRAP out of my ankle. I thought I broke it. I had to sit down in my pc and put water on my head it really shook me for some reason. But I took a little break and the pain went down a little.

Im on vacation all next week so I was like..I CAN DO IT!!! ONLY 4 MORE HOURS! no way im reporting this .Went to rite aid, bought a ankle support thing, bought some ibroproen and limped to the finish line lol. now I got a week to heal it.

picture might no do it justice but..I HATE HIDDEN DITCHES!

2zggtnp.jpg

n1pede.jpg
If it ain't broke you can't do any additional damage as long as you don't roll it again. I did the same, felt it for 6 months until pain totally went away.

El Correcto

god is dead
If I wasn't on vaca I woulda reported it . But because I can stay off it for a week .... I'm good .

Maybe mid week I'll go to a dr to take a look at it
That was fortunate timing for a vacation also good that you were not injured so soon in career you'll be using that ankle for a long time.