What would you like to see.

av8torntn

With the dramatic increase in production standards in the last six or seven years I would like to see en equally dramatic increase in the pay rate.

I would like to see a very large increase in the starting pay for part time employees. These are the people that will be my coworkers one day and as I walk throught the hub I cannot believe some of the things that I see and when I think about it what can you really expect for 8.50 an hour.

I understand unions normally oppose this but I would love to see some type of 401k match.

brownboxman

I don't think there is a way to write a contract that will ever protect us again. every time we gain something UPS has done an end run. It's like they use whatever we put in the contract against us. More money = more production, more OT protection= two days per week 10-12 hour days. I believe it is a no win situation. Bargain the best you can, and get out as soon as you can.

Re-Raise

This may seem trivial, but I'd like to see a ride-a-long program where drivers are allowed 2 riders per year, of their choice. Of course the riders would have to sign a waiver and would be unpaid. I'd love to have my dad, while still alive, actually see what I do and for my wife to see why I'm always tired.

We can't have riders now? Nobody tells me these things.

over9five

Staff member
We once had a driver who would take his GF with him in his PC. Strangely, she wore browns too.
He is no longer with us.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The members are the union so maybe it is the members not doing **ck for themselves.
UpstateNYUPSer,

The Union is comprised of membership and leadership. This union has a representative form of governance. The membership is not the union. The leadership represents the union.

The only power the membership has is either candidate to be a leader, vote for a leader, or turn matters over to the current leadership.

The character, attitude, integrity and effectiveness of a union is a reflection of the character, attitude, integrity and effectiveness of the leadership not the membership.

True union leadership will be able to bring this out in the membership that the leaders represent.

Sincerely,
I

Overpaid Union Thug

I would like to see drivers nationwide make an effort to take EVERY SECOND of their meal periods and breaks. Management wont enforce this (except in Cali) because most drivers that skip their lunch inflate the center's numbers. So, it's up to us drivers to respect our own contract.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would like to see drivers nationwide make an effort to take EVERY SECOND of their meal periods and breaks. Management wont enforce this (except in Cali) because most drivers that skip their lunch inflate the center's numbers. So, it's up to us drivers to respect our own contract.

On that note, I would like to see the Union given the authority to request delivery records and lunch/break times of the known runner/gunners to make sure that they are not working when they are supposed to be on break. There are a few drivers in my center who would have a rude awakening--one of them worked 6.07 hours one day this past week with a 8.5 hr dispatch (we are not a bonus center).

CRASH501

How about back end money , like an annuity, we currently have .20 per hour and that is B.S. most local teamsters get about $4 per hour into an annuity!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How about back end money , like an annuity, we currently have .20 per hour and that is B.S. most local teamsters get about $4 per hour into an annuity!

Are you talking about in addition to our pension? I am not familiar with an annuity being offered.

BTW, thanks for the pos rep. Dave.

Overpaid Union Thug

On that note, I would like to see the Union given the authority to request delivery records and lunch/break times of the known runner/gunners to make sure that they are not working when they are supposed to be on break. There are a few drivers in my center who would have a rude awakening--one of them worked 6.07 hours one day this past week with a 8.5 hr dispatch (we are not a bonus center).
We don't have any routes like that any more. IE made sure of that during our last time study. The same ole drivers still skip their lunches though. They don't get the fat bonus anymore. Some get none. And they all whine about "the time they stole from us". LOL.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ya know, if a driver in a non bonus center wants to skip his lunch I say let'em go. That's just so mind numbingly stupid you almost have to respect it. Instead of safety awards they should give those drivers a Darwin award.

barnyard

KTM rider
I would like to see the contract require the company to crush all the package cars that do not have power steering or shoulder belts. If they want us to be the most productive work force, they have to give us the best tools available to do that job.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Ya know, if a driver in a non bonus center wants to skip his lunch I say let'em go. That's just so mind numbingly stupid you almost have to respect it. Instead of safety awards they should give those drivers a Darwin award.
I would agree with you if it didn't effect other routes the way it does. These idiots are one of the main reasons UPS is able to cut as many routes as they do. If everyone would take their entire hour and ten every day between the 4th and 6th hours, then there would be no way service could be made on all of the business with as few routes as each center runs each day. They would be forced to put a good portion of the routes they have cut in the last year or so back in place and we would all be working less hours.