What year is your Truck (oops I mean pkg car)?

B

brownmonster

Just got or first P12 in the building last week. Looks like a school bus. Hope it doesn't get assigned to me.

U

ups_gal_710

Hey Rush...

We both have the same year... But, I have to wear earplugs because the sound in the cab is horrible. I got a used engine a few weeks ago and that didnt help the noise problem.
I want a shirt that says my work truck is a POS and wear it to work. Or better yet, let me take the DM out for 30min ride with NO earplugs.
Oh well.... Life is Good..

D

ddomino

What is a P47 or P470? Is it smaller that a 500? We use nothing smaller than a P70 or 700 and go up to a 1300, which is hugh.

X

xracer

A p470 is a sprinter van and it is longer but much narrower than a p500. They are used on very rural routes usually that cover 200 or more miles per day, UPS bought them because they get 20mpg compared to 10mpg or less in a p500. They have a Mecedes 5 cylinder turbo diesel with automatic transmission and power steering. If you go by your local Dodge dealer you can probably seen one on the lot.

D

dannyboy

And boy will they fly. At least until corp figures out a way to get another 1/16 Mpg out of it. Then you will be lucky to get to 60 MPH.

d

B

bwattsgcc

1984 Ford P1000 turning 107000 tomorrow, in dire need of new paint, 4 speed on the floor, diesel, nicely equipped with power steering, electric brakes, intermitten wipers, a heater, high back bucket seat, bucket of tire chains, and the best part.....Sirius satellite radio

R

rushfan

UPS Gal 710...
Same problem here...Mine backfires too. I've written it up, and the mechanic says they've tried everything. I sometimes make it backfire also, crossing my fingers I don't blow it up. I rev the engine, turn off the key, stomp on the gas to get some fuel in the exhaust manifold, then WHAM!!! turn on the ignition. It always makes my day.

I feel your pain.

U

ups_gal_710

Hey Rush...

I know I have the twin to your truck. Mine will also backfire when needed. That little trick is good for those unruly dogs that chase me back into my truck.

T

toonertoo

God am I a lucky wench. I have a truck now with PS and a low step, but the trade off is it holds a whole lot more boxes. P8vs p1000. Dont know the yr, but everything works and I have the worlds best mechanic.

T

tups

1976 P600....P=Piece of <font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font>!! I is literally held together by glue. Seriously, floor panels, seams around the steps. Not to mention the choke!?!?!?! Still trying to figure out how that thing works.....Mileage? god only knows.....

S

scratch_king

I got very lucky last week. I just got a brand spanking new P700D. It is a Freightliner chassis with a 170 horsepower four-cylinder Mercedes Benz engine. It has a new front hood design and looks pretty good as far as Package Cars go. Its a little slow on take-off, but will easily hit 70 mph on the interstate. The best part is the five-speed automatic transmission. Unfortunately it comes in only one color.