Whatever happened to . . .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yellow cover sheet .

OPEN IMMEDIATELY
Recognition Materials Enclosed

ATTENTION:
Please open! The enclosed certificate may require a District or Region Manager's signature before presentation.

Managers: PLEASE FOLLOW THESE FIVE EASY STEPS:
1. Identify your employee's name and recognition date on the label above.
2. Open envelope for review .
3. Plan a presentation for your employee .
4. Questions should be directed to the Human Resources Department .
5. Please remove this yellow tips sheet prior to making your presentation .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For my 30 years of service award, I got a Toro self propelled lawn mower and a plaque. Now you just get the plaque. Whatever happened to really appreciating a guy's lifetime of service?

We recognize our people on service anniversaries for their commitment and dedication. Employees celebrating milestone anniversaries 5, 10, and 15 receive a certificate on their anniversary date. Additionally, UPS people reaching plateau years 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, and above are recognized with a plaque on Founders’ Day.

A one-time gift selection is available to commemorate the 25-year anniversary.

Packmule

Must have changed in the last 7 years. Mower isn't any older than that. If it was my 25 it'd be 17 years old and probably ready to replace.
Which is why I posted it on whatever happened.

I was in the "250 Club" back when we had paper delivery records, this is my t-shirt. This meant that I had neat sheet writing skills, they could read my records easily for over 250 stops.

I've never heard of that club. I'm a member of the mile high club--does that count?[/QUOTE]
I'm a member of the club that's gone number 2 on an airplane club twice.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Removeable jumpseats that attached to the bulkhead where the current, permanent ones are mounted. Each center only had one or two so quite frequently during an OJS your supervisor would just stand there all day. Peak helpers got to stand all day too. No seatbelts, so if you hit the brakes hard they would faceplant the windshield.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
When we had a wild cat strike the second they raised the over 70 weight to 150. They had to use another union member to off load. I think it was 1988??? Well the union ended up conceding on that too. Wow! We just keep losing stuff

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
When we had a wild cat strike the second they raised the over 70 weight to 150. They had to use another union member to off load. I think it was 1988??? Well the union ended up conceding on that too. Wow! We just keep losing stuff
Union conceded nothing. Still in the contract, Article 44 National Masters. Up to the members to request assistance.