Whats a Grievance, and how to use?

Loyal Teamster

I read lots of posts about Grievance this & grievance that. Based on what I read it seams like a Powerful tool, but what exactly is it and how is it used? I don't want to ask my Sup about it.
38949735.jpg

Thanks,
Lotal Teamster

UPS Preloader

I read lots of posts about Grievance this & grievance that. Based on what I read it seams like a Powerful tool, but what exactly is it and how is it used? I don't want to ask my Sup about it.

Thanks,
Lotal Teamster

A Loyal Teamster or in this case, a Lotal Teamster would already know the answer to this question!

smart girl

A grievance is filed when a situation between Employer and Employee is a violation of contractional language or ones rights. Your shop steward has the form and he or she should sit down with you and figure which article to file under.
then you date and time stamp it and sign it. You receive a copy and then within 5 to 7 days you have a sit down with Steward and manager. If not resolved the next meeting is with your BA and manager. If it is denied there must be grounds of denial then goes to Labor relations in your District. If denied you can go to panel hearing when they are held in your region.

Loyal Teamster

A grievance is filed when a situation between Employer and Employee is a violation of contractional language or ones rights. Your shop steward has the form and he or she should sit down with you and figure which article to file under.
then you date and time stamp it and sign it. You receive a copy and then within 5 to 7 days you have a sit down with Steward and manager. If not resolved the next meeting is with your BA and manager. If it is denied there must be grounds of denial then goes to Labor relations in your District. If denied you can go to panel hearing when they are held in your region.

so does it have to be an ongoing violation? is there $$$$$$$ involved ?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Jazz hands
To use your grievance power, go to HR after work and tell them you want to " file for resignation"
It's a technical term used in labor unions, means the same thing. Then head home and wait by the phone for 5-7 days.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Jazz hands
To use your grievance power, go to HR after work and tell them you want to " file for resignation"
It's a technical term used in labor unions, means the same thing. Then head home and wait by the phone for 5-7 days.
(standing on soapbox) Attention! Heff is awesome. That is all.

Loyal Teamster

Does OP even work for UPS?

Very, very, elaborate trolling?

Borderline personality disorder?

"Does OP even work for UPS?"
Yes I do work for UPS, Was a helper in December, then got rehired as preload.

"Very, very, elaborate trolling?"
Yes, about 1/3 of posts are just troll'n, But 2/3 of posts are real thoughtful concerns.

"Borderline personality disorder?"
NO, but a lot of sarcasm.

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hey, J**, stop the trolling, dial back on the sarcasm and quit spamming jack3d.

​Maybe, just maybe, you will be accepted.