What's everyone do for lunches as a driver?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I always took my lunch break the same time every day. I ate at the same deli and got the same thing to eat. I'd back my package car in a spot in front where they can see me. I'd set up my next section or two and while I was doing this, my meal was being prepared. Close my bulkhead door, hit the pavement, and that's when my lunch started. Walked in and there was my meal and drink sitting, waiting for me. (we had paper time cards in, and we wrote our time in) Sometimes on Fridays drivers in my adjoining areas would get together and set up a meet time and spot (usually Chinese) I don't think you can leave areas now. No computers or telematics back then. I've also been known to fish and pick berries during my lunch depending on the season. One last word of wisdom for a new driver. I had a rule that if I walked by a water fountain during the day, I made myself stop and take a drink. It's not unusual to lose a couple of lbs a day in perspiration. I also bought a jug of Gatorade every afternoon. Had a store where it was cheap and ice cold.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I bring my lunch (sandwich and fruit), which I eat while I am working, and will have a snack when I take my meal break at home later in the afternoon.

We have a co-worker who told us one day that he spends $14/day for lunch and snacks. When we did the math, he was shocked to learn that he was spending nearly $300/month-----that's a car payment!

cmoll

Everyone laughs at me but I have a cooler on wheels. I bring food two sodas and 12-16 waters. I never bye anything on road.
Does anyone take a lunch box? I'm new and start tomorrow and don't want to bring something that really gets in the way, but eating fast food doesn't appeal to me at all especially when I'm hustling all day.

Any thoughts?
veryv

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
When it gets warm I get a razzle -chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cup.

When it's cold a coffee and a bagel or muffin.

Same diner everyday. Shooting bull. Otherwise on my kindle or watching the Yankees. They let me have the remote. Also, customers know to come get their packages between certain times.

JL 0513

4 days a week I pack two sandwiches with chips and diet soda. I split my lunch into two so that I can eat twice. First part is usually 45 minutes at around 1pm where I eat my 1st sandwich. Then I take my last 15 at around 5:15 before my large 5:30 P/U and eat my 2nd sandwich. I then eat dinner at home around 9pm.

One day a week I eat out. Usually it's fried Chinese and I end up regretting it the rest of the day. Sits heavy and the high salt keeps me thirsty. I never learn though.

BigBrown3605

I bring a playmate with 4 quarts of water and a snack. I stop at a cafe or grocery store for lunch to eat and read the paper.

I bring a playmate too.........

images23.jpg

Dagoof

I pack a big cooler bag reusable ice pack 1 frozen water bottle one cold water bottle both 20 oz a full 24 oz reusable water bottle. Two sandwiches, 2 fruits, 2 fiber one bars, a baggy of trail mix, some baby carrots, a yogurt, and a bag of sun chips. I pack for a long day if I dont eat it all its that much I dont need to make the next. I take my lunch at the gym. I get out of the browns get away from the truck and do my work out. I eat throughout the day a little here a little there and drink 60 to 80 oz of water a day.