What's everyone do for lunches as a driver?

Z

ZQXC

I pack a big cooler bag reusable ice pack 1 frozen water bottle one cold water bottle both 20 oz a full 24 oz reusable water bottle. Two sandwiches, 2 fruits, 2 fiber one bars, a baggy of trail mix, some baby carrots, a yogurt, and a bag of sun chips. I pack for a long day if I dont eat it all its that much I dont need to make the next. I take my lunch at the gym. I get out of the browns get away from the truck and do my work out. I eat throughout the day a little here a little there and drink 60 to 80 oz of water a day.

You do know they aren't really baby carrots, right?

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Have been packing a lunch for over 20 years. Find a shade tree and open all doors when it is warm. That would be 9 out of 12 months. Sandwich, crackers, raw vegs, and tea. Also bring 2 to 4 half gallon of water and Gatorade made from power mix. I have never had to buy anything except cigarettes, back when I dumb and was smoking.

browniehound

Because I'm always hearing about how great money us drivers make I go to the local Japanese restaurant and drop $40 on sushi everyday. What the hell, we're rolling in the dough, right?

It's all I hear: "you make such good money". Well, if we made such good money why would every driver in this thread say they pack a lunch because $10 a day for lunch is too expensive?

Driving for UPS is a living. Nothing more and nothing less. Do you know how much real estate costs in Boston? Too much for a UPS driver. At least this one.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Because I'm always hearing about how great money us drivers make I go to the local Japanese restaurant and drop $40 on sushi everyday. What the hell, we're rolling in the dough, right?

It's all I hear: "you make such good money". Well, if we made such good money why would every driver in this thread say they pack a lunch because $10 a day for lunch is too expensive?

Driving for UPS is a living. Nothing more and nothing less. Do you know how much real estate costs in Boston? Too much for a UPS driver. At least this one.
Making good money is no excuse for spending it foolishly. Ask all the millionaire athletes that are broke.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My wife packs me a sandwich, two granola bars, an apple, and two cans of diet soda. I fill a half gallon water jug with ice and water at the building. Not many places on area to get a good lunch.

browniehound

Making good money is no excuse for spending it foolishly. Ask all the millionaire athletes that are broke.

I know, all I'm saying is the money we make is not as good as many people perceive it to be. I live in Greater Boston which has one of the highest cost of living rates in the country, so by no means am I living the high life. I have no trouble paying the bills, but do you know what a 2-bedroom, 1-floor cape craphole can cost around here? In certain suburbs they can sell for over 1/2 million dollars. My uncle lives in N. Carolina where, he tells me, 1/2 million bucks will by you your dream house.

And I guess that's great, but you couldn't pay me 1/2 millions bucks to live in N. Carolina. Yes, I'm very biased but New England is the greatest little corner of the world and I would never leave.

Believe it or not, most people use their "blinkah" when changing lanes here, despite our reputation as some of the most inconsiderate drivers in the country.

JL 0513

My wife packs me a sandwich, two granola bars, an apple, and two cans of diet soda. I fill a half gallon water jug with ice and water at the building. Not many places on area to get a good lunch.

I'd have to guess you're an older gentleman? Reason I assume this is the fact you're wife makes you lunch. Most men of the younger generations are on their own. Prepare most of our own food, do our own laundry, grocery shop, ect.

Personally, I'd never want someone making my sandwiches anyway. I want them made exactly how I like it.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I'd have to guess you're an older gentleman? Reason I assume this is the fact you're wife makes you lunch. Most men of the younger generations are on their own. Prepare most of our own food, do our own laundry, grocery shop, ect.

Personally, I'd never want someone making my sandwiches anyway. I want them made exactly how I like it.
UPS has made me an old 51 but I got two brand new knees.

Foamer Pyle

It's too hot in Florida to brown bag it. The last thing I want to do is sweat all over my food on my break. The $8.00 or $10.00 for lunch in the air conditioning, with a clean bathroom is worth every penny to me. I don't drive a $40k dollar car either. How does the toilet and sink work under that shade tree?

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Driver

I drive.

This is my life to a tee. Don't know if it's for the best, but it is what it is.

9.5er

I also stop at a restaurant for lunch every day. No way I want to sit in the drivers seat to eat my lunch every day. Most days I meet my Mom and we split a meal. One day she pays and the next day I pay. That also keeps me from over eating and feeling miserable afterwards.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I also stop at a restaurant for lunch every day. No way I want to sit in the drivers seat to eat my lunch every day. Most days I meet my Mom and we split a meal. One day she pays and the next day I pay. That also keeps me from over eating and feeling miserable afterwards.
You are relaxed enough each day to meet your mom for lunch and your username is 9.5er. Imagine that.

daduv7

My mom lives on my route. She is 78 and doing great. I get to spend time with her everyday that I work. I also get some great lunches. Before my dad passed, I got to see him everyday too. I am very grateful for the time I got to spend with him before he passed unexpectedly. Mom and I catch up on the latest gossip and I do some quick jobs around the house for her.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
This is my life to a tee. Don't know if it's for the best, but it is what it is.
Exactly you do your thing and everybody does their thing. Nothing wrong with it, whatever works for may not work for somebody else. But that's ok though, cause its your life and your business, and you like me probably don't really give a dam what everybody else does lol.

Foamer Pyle

My mom lives on my route. She is 78 and doing great. I get to spend time with her everyday that I work. I also get some great lunches. Before my dad passed, I got to see him everyday too. I am very grateful for the time I got to spend with him before he passed unexpectedly. Mom and I catch up on the latest gossip and I do some quick jobs around the house for her.
That sounds great being able to have lunch with your mom like that. Spend as much time with your parents as you can, life is short, and you will always remember the good old days when you used to meet your mom for lunch. Wish my mom lived close enough to me to have lunch with her once in awhile.

Sent using BrownCafe App