Whats Going On Here ?

TeamLift

Good observation that they are trying to "separate" themselves from the contractors. Trouble is, they really can't, because that is the essence of the scam. FedEx runs the show, and the contractor puppets act like they're doing it. I would suspect they fear another lawsuit and/or legal attempts to prove the current Ground business model fraudulent.

At our hub they are starting what they call the Clean Campaign. They told my contractor he has to paint the wheels on the van, and most importantly, take off those stickers that say owned and operated by FedEx Ground. I call bull on that, have you ever seen the wheels on some of the pup trailers ? Look like they have been pulled out of someone's back yard after 15 years of sitting.

bbsam

Staff member
Gee, why all the changes, Sammy? Trying to keep the scam going is getting trickier all the time.
Not at all. More like the company interpreting the agreement the way they want to. That they are going to keep the model they have is not even in question.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Not at all. More like the company interpreting the agreement the way they want to. That they are going to keep the model they have is not even in question.
Seems to me like they're always tweaking everything to remain at least borderline legal.

bbsam

Staff member
Seems to me like they're always tweaking everything to remain at least borderline legal.
I'm not sure their interpretations are legal. That doesn't mean they won't "run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes". They don't seem too concerned as of late about any challenges...not with ISP in their hip pocket.

CJinx

At our hub they are starting what they call the Clean Campaign. They told my contractor he has to paint the wheels on the van, and most importantly, take off those stickers that say owned and operated by FedEx Ground. I call bull on that, have you ever seen the wheels on some of the pup trailers ? Look like they have been pulled out of someone's back yard after 15 years of sitting.
What does your contractor's operating agreement have to say on the matter?

It will be fine

What does your contractor's operating agreement have to say on the matter?
Don't know about the IC agreement, but ISP says at the contractor's discretion appearance must be consistent with customer expectations. I use the Ground trailers as an indication of what customers would expect. The language is intentionally vague, it's best to just ignore management when they complain about appearance issues. If they had a leg to stand on it would be a real issue, but they don't.

bbsam

Staff member
Don't know about the IC agreement, but ISP says at the contractor's discretion appearance must be consistent with customer expectations. I use the Ground trailers as an indication of what customers would expect. The language is intentionally vague, it's best to just ignore management when they complain about appearance issues. If they had a leg to stand on it would be a real issue, but they don't.
"Contractor's discretion" seems to be a phrase they are legally forced to have in the agreement but would prefer to ignore.

STFXG

550000 miles on the motor is 550000 on the body, rusted out piece of junk. Running about 60 on a back road one day and heard a loud noise coming from the back of the van, looked out my mirror to see the full size spare tire that was under the rear bumper fly off, just broke lose and came out of there like crazy, if someone had been behind me it would have resulted in serious injury. Had to drive back a quarter of a mile to retrieve it since I was going uphill at the time and so the tire rolled downhill. Will not be surprised at all to be going down the road one day and just have the entire body fly off the frame. It wasn't good enough for Express to keep it after 250000 miles, it certainly isn't safe now, but we have to deal with contractors who try to welfare their way through the business to try and make money. Always catches up with them in the end though.
Sounds like the truck is a pos. That's not from the mileage, its from not taking care of it. Rust can be controlled. Express didn't get rid of it for safety reasons.

It will be fine

Sounds like the truck is a pos. That's not from the mileage, its from not taking care of it. Rust can be controlled. Express didn't get rid of it for safety reasons.
A few guys here have bought old Express trucks. Every one of them is total garbage. I don't think they were well maintained. I have plenty of trucks over 200K miles that are in much better condition than the express trucks with the same mileage.

Bankrupt

A few guys here have bought old Express trucks. Every one of them is total garbage. I don't think they were well maintained. I have plenty of trucks over 200K miles that are in much better condition than the express trucks with the same mileage.

We have 60 rtes at our sta and 1 mechanic, I don't think anyone person could maintain a respectable fleet.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Purplepackage

When you have a bunch of drivers who couldn't give to :censored2:s about the truck they drive things tend to get beat on. On top of the company not wanting to pay to fix things right aka cheap re treads on the damn tires

bbsam

Staff member
If you've ever climbed under one, it's obvious they were built to replace parts. Bolt off, bolt on.