Whats going on with 251

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
My Local gets a little more than $800 a month for a car allowance.

Can you insure, maintain, and keep that Land Rover in gas for $658 a month?

I'd be interested to know the cost differential realized between then and now?
Anybody know?
If I lease it, you bet your corn hole.

lookahead251

Local meeting today Elvis came up with a bottom line number in the 600s but on the 14th of Sept they say in the 900s 300ths loss in 10days. Wow. What happen there. Or was it a LIE??

Inthegame

My Local gets a little more than $800 a month for a car allowance.

Can you insure, maintain, and keep that Land Rover in gas for $658 a month?

I'd be interested to know the cost differential realized between then and now?
Anybody know?
Their S/T should or would know if a cost analysis were done. As posted, in a large geographical area with many miles driven, a union owned car negates both the allowance and the additional mileage costs over the set miles (150). So in some cases it is more efficient to provide cars for B/A's. These cars/vans also save the local in auto travel vs air fare on some union trips.

LeadBelly

Banned
251 members had free legal care, now it makes your teamcare copay look like a drop in the bucket.
Old legal Divorce? Free.
New legal Divorce? 7500 retainer.
Members lost.
Negotiated contracts with zero raises. Matter of fact some of the worst contracts in the locals history. Hell, they paid thousands to a TDU charlatan from Oregon to negotiate the RIH contract because the ineptitude of the current tyrants. The President of our local gave himself a $4000 raise while his people got $0.40 per hour. Now they have been reduced from working 5, 8 hour shift to 3, 12 hour shift. Not bad you might say? Well, how about no OT after 8? And the missing 4 hours? GONE! UA251 is going greeeaaaat. Should I go on? There is way more.
Wow. That sounds like a tdu concession stand. I feel so bad for the members in local 251. The hospital members deserve better than this.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Their S/T should or would know if a cost analysis were done. As posted, in a large geographical area with many miles driven, a union owned car negates both the allowance and the additional mileage costs over the set miles (150). So in some cases it is more efficient to provide cars for B/A's. These cars/vans also save the local in auto travel vs air fare on some union trips.
So, in your opinion, how do you see those dynamics working out in Rhode Island?

Gimme Danger

Local meeting today Elvis came up with a bottom line number in the 600s but on the 14th of Sept they say in the 900s 300ths loss in 10days. Wow. What happen there. Or was it a LIE??
Assets were at 950k. What meeting were you at? Over 6k gain in assets in 4 months read.
The LM2 says assets were less then 700k at end of 2013.

Inthegame

So, in your opinion, how do you see those dynamics working out in Rhode Island?
It all depends on the number of miles driven. I have no knowledge of that locals numbers. I was making the point that in some cases union owned autos are a better economical choice than mileage allowance.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
251 members had free legal care, now it makes your teamcare copay look like a drop in the bucket.
Old legal Divorce? Free.
New legal Divorce? 7500 retainer.
Members lost.
Negotiated contracts with zero raises. Matter of fact some of the worst contracts in the locals history. Hell, they paid thousands to a TDU charlatan from Oregon to negotiate the RIH contract because the ineptitude of the current tyrants. The President of our local gave himself a $4000 raise while his people got $0.40 per hour. Now they have been reduced from working 5, 8 hour shift to 3, 12 hour shift. Not bad you might say? Well, how about no OT after 8? And the missing 4 hours? GONE! UA251 is going greeeaaaat. Should I go on? There is way more.
Some of those sound like perks, not benefits.

And complaining some only got 40 cent raises, heck our local negotiated .35 and .25 cent raises for Kraft and OCTA.

And the OT issue, most people that don't work 5 days a week shifts, don't get OT until after their scheduled hours.

That's a norm.

Sounds like you are disgruntled and making mountains out of molehills.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It all depends on the number of miles driven. I have no knowledge of that locals numbers. I was making the point that in some cases union owned autos are a better economical choice than mileage allowance.
Come on ITG, it's Rhode Island, not Montana.

I like you have no first hand knowledge, facts, or figures.
Also, I believe what you say to be the case.

However, I do like to play poker and can spot a bluff.

Knowing what I do about @wide load and the figures contained in 251's LM2's, I would be willing to go "all in" on the notion that the car allowance vs leasing vehicles has been a money saver for this Local?

You want some of that action?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Some of those sound like perks, not benefits.

And complaining some only got 40 cent raises, heck our local negotiated .35 and .25 cent raises for Kraft and OCTA.

And the OT issue, most people that don't work 5 days a week shifts, don't get OT until after their scheduled hours.

That's a norm.

Sounds like you are disgruntled and making mountains out of molehills.
Sounds like you defending TDU