What's happening with Amazon??

ArcherUTR

Right, because secretly he doesn't WANT to go to Turks & Caicos in 6 weeks, the trip we already have plane tickets for and are saving up spending cash for, and he WANTED to burn an optional day today, on this dreary, gray, cold, Midwestern Thursday because why the hell not? And more than anything, he really loves that I work for the :censored2:bag that i do and secretly really wants me to stay here longer than the 18 years I've already been, even though one of the best things for him about getting full time at UPS was the fact that I now would have options to go elsewhere. You're right, I mean, I've only known the man 17 years and I'm clearly stupid so you're totally right. I have no idea about who he is or what his intentions are.

You need to change your name to "bleedinred" because you seem to be on the rag 24/7 and give all women a bad name.

I'm not sure what the :censored2: you just posted, but they can't burn his option days for sending him home especially if he is full time.

O

OLDMAN3

I don't see a current thread about it, but hubby was told this morning that the Amazon contract is gone, so their hub is down 1000 packages/day? He was sent home today for the 3rd day this week.

I know people talk about the "8 hour guarantee" but the only thing they do in this hub (under local 710) for the cover driver position is guarantee you 8 hours of pay IF you work 5 hours or more. There is no "you are guaranteed 8 hours of daily pay just for being a full time employee"

The UPS roller coaster is going to give me an ulcer. Do they typically just lay people off if they lose a contract like that and business is down??? I mean if that happened, what is his future there looking like as a cover driver? (there are about 5 cover drivers under him now, and all have been sent home the last 3 days).

You have been told several times on this forum (3 threads)that he could get paid for 8 hours if he asserted his rights under the contract. You have established that he indeed is a full time cover driver.

Unless the 710 contract is radically different than the Master:
-If he works he can demand 8 hours, it only takes 1 grievance to stop this..
-If he is sent home after being scheduled to work (and he showed up AND WANTED TO WORK) he is likely entitled to 6 hours of pay to go home, again grieve it.
-If he is laid off he can bump 2 part timers (he worked in the bldg 14 years!), again grieve it.
-He can bump anyone in bldg who has a unskilled position..lots of unloaders and loaders.
-Since he sorted for many years, he could quite possibly be still qualified to do that work and bump 2 sorters.
Oh, he doesn't like sorting...so he doesn't push the issue.
-I can't see how they could force him to burn an option day... unless he wanted to go home...???

You say he wants to work, but he lets them push him around. And he tells you they forced him to take an option day when he wanted to work...UPS will not be the cause of your ulcer.

FILE A GRIEVANCE! Unless of course he actually doesn't want to work???

Last edited by a moderator:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You poor guys.

The time I get to spend with my wife is one of the best parts of getting a day off. There's just something about spending a weekday together.
Took advantage of the extra bodies at work, and got yesterday, and today off. There is nothing I like better than time with my husband and my baby dog. I don't get much time with them and its precious. I don't mind a little alone time but I was single forever and had plenty of it.

Getting any time with my sons is special also and somehow the stars aligned, and my son was working in the area, and boom dinner together on my birthday. Awesome.

Today we shall go trash and treasuring, I need a photo printer, might go to Best Buy or somewhere. Have a nice relaxing lunch somewhere. And enjoy the long weekend!!

Took advantage of the extra bodies at work, and got yesterday, and today off. There is nothing I like better than time with my husband and my baby dog. I don't get much time with them and its precious. I don't mind a little alone time but I was single forever and had plenty of it.

Getting any time with my sons is special also and somehow the stars aligned, and my son was working in the area, and boom dinner together on my birthday. Awesome.

Today we shall go trash and treasuring, I need a photo printer, might go to Best Buy or somewhere. Have a nice relaxing lunch somewhere. And enjoy the long weekend!!
Pick up some new size 16 boots?

When I shop for dress shoes, I have to go to like a drag queens r us, or something, and its 12 not 16 dummy
http://www.exotichighheels.com/clas20-gmpu.html
bigfoot.jpg
;)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yep wife wears 10-11. That's about as big as you can find in the stores.
My high fashion, classy neighbor said she was going to take me shopping one day. She obviously didnt believe me. We walked in to some high dollar shoe store, that I would never enter. She goes immediately to the clerk, and told her I would like to see this, this and this in a 12. The lady laughed at her.....So then she says, lets to to JCP, sure why not I like Penneys. Same thing. Thats why I have 5 pairs and you have like 100.