What's happening with Amazon??

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time...
I shop there online. My hubby doesnt care for those kinds of places, you know, fluffy pillows, decor, not his bag. Now I found out we must hit Menards, He could get lost for hours. But I love Menards too, so we may go our separate ways for a bit.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My high fashion, classy neighbor said she was going to take me shopping one day. She obviously didnt believe me. We walked in to some high dollar shoe store, that I would never enter. She goes immediately to the clerk, and told her I would like to see this, this and this in a 12. The lady laughed at her.....So then she says, lets to to JCP, sure why not I like Penneys. Same thing. Thats why I have 5 pairs and you have like 100.

Surely there must be an online store that sells larger sizes?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My high fashion, classy neighbor said she was going to take me shopping one day. She obviously didnt believe me. We walked in to some high dollar shoe store, that I would never enter. She goes immediately to the clerk, and told her I would like to see this, this and this in a 12. The lady laughed at her.....So then she says, lets to to JCP, sure why not I like Penneys. Same thing. Thats why I have 5 pairs and you have like 100.
It's kinda crazy really. They will be like oh we never have 10's in we only get a few pair in a month.

I got an idea if you sell out as soon as you get them. STOCK MORE!!!!!

youllbefine

Did I say how I thought UPS "would be?" I asked a question about Amazon because I'm worried he will be sent home more, and I'm wondering at what point they lay off rather than stringing people along and sending them home 3-4 days out of 5. Trust me I've gotten used to the ridiculous notion that someone who has been employed at a company for 14 years can still be considered "low seniority" but who would he even BUMP "inside?" Not like he can jump in and push out someone to do a job he's never done before.
Yes he can. He can work the preload or the local sort any day of the week they are always looking for help. I still have a hard time beliving he is being sent home because of no work,there are plenty of guys willing to take a day off if he would just ask! Our bottom guys are still working here everyday as we have extra rou tr es in in a daily basis. As I have said before he just needs to man up and learn the routes

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's kinda crazy really. They will be like oh we never have 10's in we only get a few pair in a month.

I got an idea if you sell out as soon as you get them. STOCK MORE!!!!!
That's why I buy men's work boots....too hard to find womens ones in my size in the stores. I refuse to buy any shoes online....have to try them on first...with some brands sizes run small.

Yes he can. He can work the preload or the local sort any day of the week they are always looking for help. I still have a hard time beliving he is being sent home because of no work,there are plenty of guys willing to take a day off if he would just ask! Our bottom guys are still working here everyday as we have extra rou tr es in in a daily basis. As I have said before he just needs to man up and learn the routes
My building has maybe a dozen new drivers only working a couple days a week. I am expecting lay offs soon so at least the new guys can get their hours working inside.

TUT

Until recently, the postal service typically offered the most affordable rates for packages weighing less than 10 pounds. But in September, the postal service lowered its rates for Priority Mail, extending its affordable pricing options to packages weighing as much as 40 pounds.
This move signals the intent of the postal service to compete with FedEx and UPS head-on by targeting the weight classes that they typically deliver the most. Plus, with UPS' and FedEx’s expansion of dimensional weight pricing (charging based on the size of the package, regardless of weight), many businesses that ship large, lightweight packages will probably turn to the U.S. Postal Service as a lower-cost alternative.
A December survey of 700 customers by my company, Endicia, found just that: Eighty percent of the businesses surveyed claimed they will use the U.S. Postal Service for their larger, lightweight shipments now that dimensional weight pricing has come into play.

This is what is happening. A company of any size approaching Amazon, will use many carriers, so if USPS takes a large chunk, which I believe they are doing per Amazons plan, you will still see UPS and Fedex, so a picture of "Well I have one here, everything is the same" isn't necessarily true or a proper sample size. I'm feeling pretty comfortable saying Amazon is putting a lot more stock into USPS and with the information given above, could become both UPS's and Fedex's main competitor. People want to laugh at USPS, but imo they have worthy delivery, at least for the price many shippers will put up with. The 40lbs and the Dim Weight are the game changers, and the free Sat and Sun delivery for Amazon. Now we'll get to see how much UPS and Fedex wants this business, maybe they are ok letting it go. I know the USPS doesn't care to much about a profit and has zero stakeholders to report to, advantage them.

Last edited:

ArcherUTR

This is what is happening. A company of any size approaching Amazon, will use many carriers, so if you USPS takes of the majority (which I believe they will) you will still see UPS and Fedex, so a picture of "Well I have one here, everything is the same" isn't necessarily true or a proper sample size. I'm feeling pretty comfortable saying Amazon is putting a lot more stock into USPS and with the information given above, could become both UPS's and Fedex's main competitor. People want to laugh at USPS, but imo they have worthy delivery, at least for the price many shippers will put up with. The 40lbs and the Dim Weight are the game changers, and the free Sat and Sun delivery for Amazon. Now we'll get to see how much UPS and Fedex wants this business, maybe they are ok letting it go. I know the USPS doesn't care to much about a profit and has zero stakeholders to report to, advantage them.

They don't have the infrastructure, equipment, or the skill set. Their only advantage is that those decent prices are government subsidized.

TUT

They don't have the infrastructure, equipment, or the skill set. Their only advantage is that those decent prices are government subsidized.

Keep telling yourself that. They have a larger team then you have, they can hire more if need be. And back to the skill set, if they don't they can be trained like the next person. The advantage is price, which is a very large advantage and they can deliver at a fair enough clip. Amazon, your largest, has been on the record talking about their move more towards USPS, so somehow with their review of the numbers seems to think USPS can do it.

upschuck

Not when the USPS can undercut FedEx and UPS already discounted rates. Not to mention the new dim rates by both companies.
Cost basis, final delivery is the most expensive part of the journey. If you disagree, what other part is? You claim Amazon is building USPS because they have the final delivery, when UPS and FedEx are making more money "contracting" it out to the PO.