What's in the Ohio Rider?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Locals 705 and 710 have our own separate contracts and won't even bother entering serious negotiations until the national is finished. Then we through out what we don't like and amend as needed.
Local 710 has a tentative agreement. From a quick glance at their union board, it appears they'll be moved into Teamcare (meetings scheduled today across IA, IL, IN).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Local 710 has a tentative agreement. From a quick glance at their union board, it appears they'll be moved into Teamcare (meetings scheduled today across IA, IL, IN).
I don't think they had a choice. They were told they would be moved to teamcare. End of story.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I don't think they had a choice. They were told they would be moved to teamcare. End of story.
Who told them that? I was under the impression L710 already has it's own Health & Welfare fund (but UPSers under their jurisdiction were in the company plan). Did they run the numbers and see if it would be better to move UPSers into the Local's plan?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Who told them that? I was under the impression L710 already has it's own Health & Welfare fund (but UPSers under their jurisdiction were in the company plan). Did they run the numbers and see if it would be better to move UPSers into the Local's plan?
From what I heard which is just thru the grapevine is teamsters told 710 come January 1 they were going in teamcare like it or not. Now that was back in August when they thought all would be wrapped up by January 1.

C

chuchu

From what I heard which is just thru the grapevine is teamsters told 710 come January 1 they were going in teamcare like it or not. Now that was back in August when they thought all would be wrapped up by January 1.
Yeah, they told us that we'd be switched on Jan 1st "no matter if the contfact isnt ratified" by then. Ooops.

The rider is more than one page and there were at least 5 locals that voted it down.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
I thought it was interesting that on our ballot, the choices were, yes (to accept) and no (to strike). Couldn't we vote no to further negotiate? Never saw that ploy used before. Also, there is another $173 per employee per week given by UPS to our teamsters(app $574 a month) towards the pension fund. But for the fifth contract in a row, NO increases in our pension. Now would be a good time.

Inthegame

I thought it was interesting that on our ballot, the choices were, yes (to accept) and no (to strike). Couldn't we vote no to further negotiate? Never saw that ploy used before. Also, there is another $173 per employee per week given by UPS to our teamsters(app $574 a month) towards the pension fund. But for the fifth contract in a row, NO increases in our pension. Now would be a good time.
An additional $173 per employee per week increase? No increase in Pension in 5 contracts? Where are you getting this info?