What's it like working in the warehouse?

johnbrown7007

I was told that if I do a good job as a Driver Helper that I may be hired in a warehouse position. What can I expect if I get a job working in the warehouse? Will I basically just be putting heavy objects on a conveyor belt/in the UPS truck/organizing them? What can I expect with regards to starting pay? My other question is, how can I become a good Driver Helper? I guess I don't understand how I can do a bad job at that position if all I'm doing is delivering packages (I haven't started work yet so that is why the answer isn't clear to me). Thanks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Warehouse...working here is like a party...we never wanna leave!
A Bad driver helper? If you show up late....move too slowly, don't follow driver instructions, talk too much, complain a lot about weather, being tired, etc....won't put down your phone..I'm sure there's more...lol

Z

ZQXC

I was told that if I do a good job as a Driver Helper that I may be hired in a warehouse position. What can I expect if I get a job working in the warehouse? Will I basically just be putting heavy objects on a conveyor belt/in the UPS truck/organizing them? What can I expect with regards to starting pay? My other question is, how can I become a good Driver Helper? I guess I don't understand how I can do a bad job at that position if all I'm doing is delivering packages (I haven't started work yet so that is why the answer isn't clear to me). Thanks.

We don't have warehouses; we don't store any packages (except during peak, and then we do it on a grand scale.) We have centers and hubs, and some buildings that combine both functions.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Warehouse earns an automatic:

giphy.gif

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was told that if I do a good job as a Driver Helper that I may be hired in a warehouse position. What can I expect if I get a job working in the warehouse? Will I basically just be putting heavy objects on a conveyor belt/in the UPS truck/organizing them?
Yup, that's pretty much it.
What can I expect with regards to starting pay?
Ask HR.
My other question is, how can I become a good Driver Helper? I guess I don't understand how I can do a bad job at that position if all I'm doing is delivering packages (I haven't started work yet so that is why the answer isn't clear to me). Thanks.
Show up on time and do whatever the driver tells you to do.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Warehouse...working here is like a party...we never wanna leave!
A Bad driver helper? If you show up late....move too slowly, don't follow driver instructions, talk too much, complain a lot about weather, being tired, etc....won't put down your phone..I'm sure there's more...lol

Sagging pants!!