What's on your TiVo?

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
To all: What shows/movies are recorded on your TiVo/DVR? When do you watch them? Please share.

My TiVo is 94% full. I haven't had time to catch up on some shows obviously :)

moreluck

golden ticket member
All of the Housewives shows on Bravo. Pawn Stars, Counting Cars, Kardashians, Amish anything, Sister Wives, Honey Boo Boo, Suits, Duck Dynasty, First 48, Murder in the First, America's Got Talent, Last Comic, etc.

I have 5 machines to record. I go to bed just as 'prime time' starts, so everything I want to watch gets recorded. When it comes to shows like A.G.T., it's nice to fast forward through Nick Cannon's bs.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We often watch an hour or 2 of recorded tv or netflix in the evening. Lately we've recorded Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Ray Donovan. Walking Dead, Modern Family and Nurse Jackie are in our dvr queue when they come back on.

There are some great shows available on netflix. House of Cards, Breaking Bad and Orange is the New Black are all great.

Last weekend we were looking for a movie to watch so we picked an old Mel Gibson movie called Get the Gringo. If you're looking for a gritty movie about life in a Mexican prison I'd recommend that one.

I've also heard that Drunk History is hilarious, so I'm going to add that one to our dvr list.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We often watch an hour or 2 of recorded tv or netflix in the evening. Lately we've recorded Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Ray Donovan. Walking Dead, Modern Family and Nurse Jackie are in our dvr queue when they come back on.

There are some great shows available on netflix. House of Cards, Breaking Bad and Orange is the New Black are all great.

Last weekend we were looking for a movie to watch so we picked an old Mel Gibson movie called Get the Gringo. If you're looking for a gritty movie about life in a Mexican prison I'd recommend that one.

I've also heard that Drunk History is hilarious, so I'm going to add that one to our dvr list.
On Orange Is the New Black....one of the 'female' stars is a transgender.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
On Orange Is the New Black....one of the 'female' stars is a transgender.
In the last episode we watched the prison cut off her female hormones so she was trying to manipulate a nun to give her her prescription. The nun knew what she was doing, but kept talking with her anyway. Interesting storyline. The series is very adult, not good for kids or people that are upset by transgender or same sex relationship storylines.

Warning: Adult Language so don't watch this if kids are around.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
I like that show but it is a bit graphic for my taste sometimes.
I've been wanting to watch Breaking Bad from the beginning, but not now thanks to Jimmy Kimmel for spoiling the ending---I don't think I could enjoy it.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I like that show but it is a bit graphic for my taste sometimes.
I've been wanting to watch Breaking Bad from the beginning, but not now thanks to Jimmy Kimmel for spoiling the ending---I don't think I could enjoy it.
I agree with your the too graphic sometimes comment. We watched the first one and decided it was too much. Several people at the hair salon I go to love that show and told me to keep watching it so I decided to watch the next couple of episodes. Once you get through the first couple of episodes the storylines kick in.

Breaking Bad is not for everyone but IMHO it's the best tv series I've ever seen. It doesn't really matter that you know the ending, it's the evolution of the characters and the crazy storyline that are so compelling.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
You make a good point @cheryl. I will not give up on breaking bad so easily.

Have you watched Lilyhammer? It's another show made by Netflix. Somewhat similar to the sopranos. I've seen the 1st season and really enjoyed it. The 2nd season has been out for awhile.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Have you watched Lilyhammer? It's another show made by Netflix. Somewhat similar to the sopranos. I've seen the 1st season and really enjoyed it. The 2nd season has been out for awhile.
I hadn't heard of it. Looked up the trailer.

I'll add it to our list of shows to watch. Thanks for the suggestion.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When we have a free weekend of HBO/Cinemax we record a ton of shows and movies for later. We also record Walking Dead, Mad Men, IRT, and others.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
I finally finished game of thrones. The last season it decided to record HBO Latino instead of regular HBO lol. But I was able to pull up HBO Go on the computer and hook it to the tv