What's our vacation cut off?

BurthaMan

Hello, fellow brown brothers

I am picking my vacations for the 2012 calander, but I forgot can we pick vacations in november? I know its peek season so I am not sure.I am asking, because one of my co workers has vacations in November, but she is a 22.3 employee and I am a fulltime Driver,thanks in advance for your input.

Thanks, Chris

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The vacation calendar should have the weeks that you are not allowed to take vacations crossed or lined out. In our center we are not allowed to take vacations between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Week before thanksgiving is last full week you can take until after Christmas. Think you can take thanksgiving week as well,but with Thursday and Friday already off I don't know why anyone would.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Week before thanksgiving is last full week you can take until after Christmas. Think you can take thanksgiving week as well,but with Thursday and Friday already off I don't know why anyone would.

For the $$$$$$. 61 hours. When you average 2 hours or less OT each week a 61 hour paycheck is huge.

In case you haven't figured it out, I always take Thanksgiving week. It's my break before Peak.

BurthaMan

Thanks Guys I figured We could not take it after Thanks giving, sucks though the week after thanks giving would be great in 2012 since turkey day is on thursday we will be off friday as well then roll into your vacation week, so much for an 11 day vacation week. lol guess I'll pick another week in summer since my truck hits 103 degrees in summer here in Florida, thanks for the quick responce guys.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
For the $$$$$$. 61 hours. When you average 2 hours or less OT each week a 61 hour paycheck is huge.

In case you haven't figured it out, I always take Thanksgiving week. It's my break before Peak.

How the hell do you average only 2 hours overtime a week? I'm working out of the wrong center!
This year has been brutal. Averaging north of 55 hours each week!

Cementups

Box Monkey

I never understood guys who say they take the week of a holiday off so they get an extra days pay. In my eyes, they are just screwing themselves out of a day off. You're going to get paid for that day anyway so why not enjoy the day off too.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never understood guys who say they take the week of a holiday off so they get an extra days pay. In my eyes, they are just screwing themselves out of a day off. You're going to get paid for that day anyway so why not enjoy the day off too.

When my kids were younger I would take my vacations with the extra days off--now that they are grown and out of the house I prefer the $$$ to the time off. The extra money for the two holidays within the Thanksgiving week will help pay for one of my kid's Christmas gifts.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How the hell do you average only 2 hours overtime a week? I'm working out of the wrong center!
This year has been brutal. Averaging north of 55 hours each week!

My last paycheck showed 1.7 hours OT and, no, I am not the first driver done each day. We have two drivers who have hours added to make sure they get their guarantee.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I wish I could take that week but it is LOOOONG gone before I get to bid. :dissapointed:

My last paycheck showed 1.7 hours OT and, no, I am not the first driver done each day. We have two drivers who have hours added to make sure they get their guarantee.
Your center is fictional. It seems like you are on that show Lost or something. Or maybe you are stuck in time. If this site is monitored by corporate when the Hell are they going to put an end to the Mayberry you call ups??????????????

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Thanks Guys I figured We could not take it after Thanks giving, sucks though the week after thanks giving would be great in 2012 since turkey day is on thursday we will be off friday as well then roll into your vacation week, so much for an 11 day vacation week. lol guess I'll pick another week in summer since my truck hits 103 degrees in summer here in Florida, thanks for the quick responce guys.

Sure rub it in-10-12 inches of snow coming here tomorrow

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
103?!?!?!? Is that ALL? I would kill to have ONLY 103 in the back of my truck during the summer. :knockedout:

menotyou

bella amicizia
We get all the weather! I whine about it, but can't imagine living without it. I lived in the Chattanooga area for a few months and liked Northern Georgia, though.