whats the best shift to be a driver helper?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by omgitsnick, Sep 8, 2008.

1. omgitsnick

omgitsnick New Member

2. drewed

drewed Shankman

there are different shifts?
  3. atatbl

atatbl Active Member

It could very well be the case that whenever you are available, they will be able to use you.

I guess that will depend on how many drivers/centers there are near you though.
  4. omgitsnick

omgitsnick New Member

5. drewed

drewed Shankman

sooo nick
    im confused now
    are you looking for perm pt work?
    helpers arent that
    sorts would be a shift, but not as helpers and it could be either seasonal or perm
  6. omgitsnick

omgitsnick New Member

oh my bad im looking for permanent part time. i thought some of the loaders unloaders might have helped deliver with the drivers during peak. sorry about that.
  7. drewed

drewed Shankman

well they do...but since youre still trying to get employment id get the unload job first then if they need help ask to driver help
  8. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Best time to be driver/helper is 2100 til, oh, maybe 0700-1000! Streets ain't so crowded then.
  9. LKLND3380

LKLND3380 Active Member

Work preload because you are there when the drivers arrive. Then when the list comes around looking for driver helpers get your name on it...
  10. omgitsnick

omgitsnick New Member

i applied for night shift but still no call, i emailed asking about if night shift is filled can they maybe stick me into another shift. i got the same generic email response. all awaiting game now, though i want to be permanent part time and not here just for peak. hopefully they dont just hold me over till peak.:peaceful:
  11. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

How long has it been since you first interviewed with UPS?
  12. drewed

drewed Shankman

did you shower before you interviewed?
  13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Most of the insiders that are helpers work the Preload and then go out as helpers during hte day.
  14. omgitsnick

omgitsnick New Member

august 26th. and yeah i showered and i have excellent personal hygiene. i also have a standard haircut.
  15. drewed

drewed Shankman

lol whats a standard haircut?
    it could have been a vibe thing too buddy
    ive had a lot of job interviews and been offered jobs at all of them except for one, in the one i didnt i wasnt feeling it i had been sick and i over compensated and out thought it.
    UPS isnt just a job its a culture, and most hr reps look for being able to fit in the culture
  16. omgitsnick

omgitsnick New Member

17. Bryishre

Bryishre ktm atv racer

heck if you know a driver and maybe you can be his helper and bust booty and maybe he will give a good word to hr we have had a few people come on part time after peak is over but it was a couple of months after peak
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Great suggestion. I have actually helped 3 people get hired this way. There were 2 others who weren't worth a damn who I wouldn't help out.
  19. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

MIDNIGHT TO 6 AM:happy2: