What's the best thing about working at UPS?

What do you like about your job?

• Great Pay

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • Good Benefits

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • Opportunities for advancement

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Co-workers

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • UPS drivers are popular with the ladies

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Working with Customers

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Job security

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • It beats digging a ditch

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • I'm too old to go somewhere else

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Other: Post in the [url="http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f64/whats-best-thing-about-working-ups-34037

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
I`m looking at the choices trying to decide and it occurs to me that I never knew that Cheryl was that heavy of a drinker.

It beats digging a ditch?
I`m too old to go somewhere else?
One of the threads on BC suggest we`re popular with the ladies?

over9five

Staff member
Gawd, I can't seem to pick an answer. I would have picked pay and benefits back when I had young kids, now I don't need as much.

I guess the best thing is when I'm out on the road alone in my tractor actually going somewhere.
I choose "other".

curiousbrain

I'm the person who chose "opportunities for advancement". In the area where I'm in, it seems like a lot of folks are retiring, moving up, moving down, or something similar; it makes it easier (not easy, but easier) for a young person starting out to move ahead quicker than might otherwise be possible. Although, then again, maybe they all see something I don't? That is possible.

I guess that I have not been sufficiently demoralized and/or crushed by UPS; I know, "give it awhile".

curiousbrain

I'm the person who chose "opportunities for advancement". In the area where I'm in, it seems like a lot of folks are retiring, moving up, moving down, or something similar; it makes it easier (not easy, but easier) for a young person starting out to move ahead quicker than might otherwise be possible. Although, then again, maybe they all see something I don't? That is possible.

I guess that I have not been sufficiently demoralized and/or crushed by UPS; I know, "give it awhile".

I could have also chosen "Coworkers", because the guys I work with (and now "supervise") are probably among the best and hardest working people I've ever met in my life.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I've been trying to figure this out for awhile now. There are a few appropriate answers like pay and bene's but those aren't the answers I would pick as my first choice. I think my first choice would be it's a challenge for me. It's almost like doing a jigsaw puzzle, which I love to do. The challenge is getting everything done with the least amount of time and miles, not doubling back on rte, everything neat and orderly.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dunno, I kind of liked digging ditches. I like my co workers but never see them outside of work. yes the bennies too. I would say no boss all day, but with telematics its like having the boss on your butt all day, so Pay and bennies, thats it.

ups1990

This job also keeps us fit, if incorporated with a workout routine and of course, relatively good eating habits. Those of us in our 30's and 40's are usually in better shape than our High School friends who we see at the reunions.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
This job also keeps us fit, if incorporated with a workout routine and of course, relatively good eating habits. Those of us in our 30's and 40's are usually in better shape than our High School friends who we see at the reunions.
Ill drink to that. I saw pics. I missed it. While I thought I was portly, shewee, Im looking good. The cheerleaders weigh 300 pds, and look 70

over9five

Staff member

Ill drink to that. I saw pics. I missed it. While I thought I was portly, shewee, Im looking good. The cheerleaders weigh 300 pds, and look 70

x2.

And I was a cheerleader, and I still look good!

old levi's

blank space

Who the heck is in there 30's and 40''s?

rocket man

they didnt ask about managment , there was nothing about upstate nyer what kind of trick poll was this? I NEED TO NO............................. :smart: