What's the best thing about working at UPS?

Discussion in 'Brown Cafe Polls' started by cheryl, Sep 17, 2011.

?

What do you like about your job?

1. Great Pay

36 vote(s)
    43.4%
  2. Good Benefits

47 vote(s)
    56.6%
  3. Opportunities for advancement

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Co-workers

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. UPS drivers are popular with the ladies

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  6. Working with Customers

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. Job security

24 vote(s)
    28.9%
  8. It beats digging a ditch

14 vote(s)
    16.9%
  9. I'm too old to go somewhere else

15 vote(s)
    18.1%
  10. Other: Post in the [url="http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f64/whats-best-thing-about-working-ups-34037

6 vote(s)
    7.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

What do you enjoy most about your work?

2. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I`m looking at the choices trying to decide and it occurs to me that I never knew that Cheryl was that heavy of a drinker.

3. cheryl

Suggest some poll questions cach. No one has voted yet so I can still edit them in.

:beerhat:

4. cachsux

cachsux Wah

It beats digging a ditch?
    I`m too old to go somewhere else?
    One of the threads on BC suggest we`re popular with the ladies?

5. cheryl

Done. :happy2:

6. cachsux

cachsux Wah

gracias mi señora

7. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Gawd, I can't seem to pick an answer. I would have picked pay and benefits back when I had young kids, now I don't need as much.

I guess the best thing is when I'm out on the road alone in my tractor actually going somewhere.
    I choose "other".

8. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

I'm the person who chose "opportunities for advancement". In the area where I'm in, it seems like a lot of folks are retiring, moving up, moving down, or something similar; it makes it easier (not easy, but easier) for a young person starting out to move ahead quicker than might otherwise be possible. Although, then again, maybe they all see something I don't? That is possible.

I guess that I have not been sufficiently demoralized and/or crushed by UPS; I know, "give it awhile".

9. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

I could have also chosen "Coworkers", because the guys I work with (and now "supervise") are probably among the best and hardest working people I've ever met in my life.

10. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I've been trying to figure this out for awhile now. There are a few appropriate answers like pay and bene's but those aren't the answers I would pick as my first choice. I think my first choice would be it's a challenge for me. It's almost like doing a jigsaw puzzle, which I love to do. The challenge is getting everything done with the least amount of time and miles, not doubling back on rte, everything neat and orderly.

11. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I dunno, I kind of liked digging ditches. I like my co workers but never see them outside of work. yes the bennies too. I would say no boss all day, but with telematics its like having the boss on your butt all day, so Pay and bennies, thats it.

12. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

This job also keeps us fit, if incorporated with a workout routine and of course, relatively good eating habits. Those of us in our 30's and 40's are usually in better shape than our High School friends who we see at the reunions.

13. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Ill drink to that. I saw pics. I missed it. While I thought I was portly, shewee, Im looking good. The cheerleaders weigh 300 pds, and look 70

14. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

x2.

And I was a cheerleader, and I still look good!

15. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Who the heck is in there 30's and 40''s?

16. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Pay and pay alone. Can't include benefits anymore; under Central States don't even know if there will be a pension.

17. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I am!!

18. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Move to NY. You would be happier!

19. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

The people on my route.

20. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

they didnt ask about managment , there was nothing about upstate nyer what kind of trick poll was this? I NEED TO NO............................. :smart: