What's the best thing about working at UPS?

What do you like about your job?

• Great Pay

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • Good Benefits

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • Opportunities for advancement

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Co-workers

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • UPS drivers are popular with the ladies

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Working with Customers

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Job security

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • It beats digging a ditch

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • I'm too old to go somewhere else

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Other: Post in the [url="http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f64/whats-best-thing-about-working-ups-34037

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good point! Let's expand the poll:

Would you like to work in the same center as UpstateNYUPSer?

1. Yes

2. No

Do you think UpstateNYUPSer is an arrogant know-it-all?

1. Yes

2. No

Do you think Upstate talks in the third person to make himself feel more important?

1. Yes

2. No

Do you think UpstateNYUPSer cares what anyone on this forum thinks of him?

1. Yes

2. No

Do you think Upstate goes to the movies way too often?

1. Yes

2. No

Do you think UpstateNYUPSer has created this online persona or is he the same here as he is in "real life"?

1. Yes

2. No

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Good point! Let's expand the poll:

Would you like to work in the same center as UpstateNYUPSer?

1. Yes

2. No

Do you think UpstateNYUPSer is an arrogant know-it-all?

1. Yes

2. No

Do you think Upstate talks in the third person to make himself feel more important?

1. Yes

2. No, I think you do it just to irritate others.

Do you think UpstateNYUPSer cares what anyone on this forum thinks of him?

1. Yes

2. No

Do you think Upstate goes to the movies way too often?

1. Yes

2. No

Do you think UpstateNYUPSer has created this online persona or is he the same here as he is in "real life"?

1. Yes

2. No
​The last one is difficult to answer. The internet can be a deceiving place but my gut says that there are parts of your online 'persona' that are 'created'. Or more to the point, there are parts of you that are LEFT out of your online 'persona'. :happy-very:

Last edited:

Pro

Best thing about working for UPS?

Not having to drive for Swift.

I hear Swift is hiring... 25 cents a mile. ;-D

I just started working as a Seasonal Helper & I must say that I have to give a lot of Credit to my Sup. Ned. This man has a tremendous amount of patience. He always helps me with any problems that may arise when using the DIAD board. UPS Is lucky to have someone like this. I believe that he is in charge of 20 drivers. Props to him, because I know that I wouldn't have the patience to deal with all of those drivers.

Scratchy

The best part is having the little perks like the vending machine that dispenses your favorite chocolate candies like Twix mmmmmmMMmmmmmm. But I also sense the respect from other blue collar and authoritative occupations toward the boys/girls in brown, which can be gratifying and help in certain "sticky" situations as well.

working up a sweat

Co-Workers, benefits and staying in good physical shape in that order. I go in every night with a positive and friendly attitude. Management never hassles me because they know I put out 100%. The co-workers, I get along with great. We treat each other with great respect because WE know UPSers are the hardest working group of people in the USA. The benefits are 2nd to none in the private sector. The pay for a PT'er might be low depending on how long your seniority is. It is worth an extra 25-30 dollars an hour additional from your hourly wage pay rate. I am over 50. I could walk around without man boobs and I have a flat belly.