What's the difference in entering lunches?

BUCN85

What is the difference in entering your lunch through time card / break- lunch. And the other way which I don't really remember other then entering a code. Benefits of either during qualifying?

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

Pooter

Paid Breaks count against you while lunch doesn't. So take a lunch, relax and get your head straight.

You can also work through your lunch break. Kinda like pausing the time study and working for free. :D

BUCN85

Paid Breaks count against you while lunch doesn't. So take a lunch, relax and get your head straight.

You can also work through your lunch break. Kinda like pausing the time study and working for free. :D
So just continue to enter breaks through time card. Break/lunch. At least till after qualifying

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont

And that adds up to 10000 dollars for the year

BUCN85

So which way is most beneficial for me to use when qualifying

upsbeernut

The center loves to send out this message: Be sure to enter your lunch
I almost got a warning letter for not putting in the lunch. All I know they don't want the same thing to happen which happened in California when the drivers got all their lunch hours paid over a year since they never took them.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why doesn't the company report any work done during required break periods? They report everything else? It should be on the sheet they post every morning.

PT Car Washer

Why doesn't the company report any work done during required break periods? They report everything else? It should be on the sheet they post every morning.
Don't put anything into the DIAD. Sort your truck and line up your next stops. ID misloads, grab some food and drinks and hit it again. It is a race not a marathon.

BrownChoice

In my state the Diad is completely locked out when lunch is input. All it shows is remaining lunch time left . However, I do know some drivers who will prerecord stops before starting lunch and drive around delivering while diad is locked out, and will stop complete after.

One of the quickest ways to get fired if you ask me, yet they always seem to look the other way. I can guarantee you there is a report for such things....

In my state the Diad is completely locked out when lunch is input. All it shows is remaining lunch time left . However, I do know some drivers who will prerecord stops before starting lunch and drive around delivering while diad is locked out, and will stop complete after.

One of the quickest ways to get fired if you ask me, yet they always seem to look the other way. I can guarantee you there is a report for such things....
Know 2 drivers fired for that circa 2004

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They don't report it as this "free work" clearly benefits them.

This is one area I wish the union would take a stand on. I don't care when they take their lunch and break but I do care that they take it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Again, we get reports for everything, backing, DIAD activity, etc. Every winter I get on report for trying to keep warm during lunch. Truck movement on route can generate a code too while on break time if they want it to.

Some disagree with me. I'm interested in why you folks feel it is OK to work during lunch. I'm not talking about the guy who has a appointment to make, I'm talking about the types that work through lunch every day. We all know the type.

upsbeernut

Again, we get reports for everything, backing, DIAD activity, etc. Every winter I get on report for trying to keep warm during lunch. Truck movement on route can generate a code too while on break time if they want it to.

Some disagree with me. I'm interested in why you folks feel it is OK to work during lunch. I'm not talking about the guy who has a appointment to make, I'm talking about the types that work through lunch every day. We all know the type.
The only time I give the. 33 dollars back is when I have a light load. Lunch doesn't take an hour.