What's the difference in entering lunches?

Bottom rung

We have had drivers in our center get disqualified for working through their lunch.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Either that driver painted his own target, or your local is strong. I know of a few that work through theirs everyday, management knows and nobody does anything.

walk it off

I almost got a warning letter for not putting in the lunch. All I know they don't want the same thing to happen which happened in California when the drivers got all their lunch hours paid over a year since they never took them.
It was not lunch break we were compensated for. It was the 10 min. break after 10 hours we were compensated for. It was a class action lawsuit that cost mgmt in California, as the settlement was taken out of their retirement. One center manager said he was going to lose about 40k, or about 1000 a year

BUCN85

Alright today I was told the 20 min paid break has to be taken. But it helps me when qualifying. And this can not be worked through. However the what is the time limit on the break/lunch and is this mandatory? Can this be worked through?

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

BUCN85

Well trying to qualify I'm trying to find any way to give me help

BUCN85

Put a Lunch in. Work through it. -30 min to your time allowance.

Basically u work for free while trying to qualify.
So is it the unpaid break/lunch period that drivers work through? Is this the 30 min. And then the other break is the paid 20 min under the other work section in the diad

oldngray

nowhere special
So is it the unpaid break/lunch period that drivers work through? Is this the 30 min. And then the other break is the paid 20 min under the other work section in the diad

There is no time allowance for lunch and it is unpaid so if you work during that time it helps your over allow but you don't get penalized for taking it. Paid breaks count against your time allowance (although it should be built into the allowances, it isn't) so if you take the paid breaks you are allowed it will hurt your time. Your planned day is a cost sheet and not a performance sheet so it hurts your time when UPS is paying you for doing nothing (paid breaks).

BUCN85

Thanks for the info. I was told by an on road sup the paid breaks actually helps me by giving extra time allowance

Also. Are these both required? Or just the unpaids

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Thanks for the info. I was told by an on road sup the paid breaks actually helps me by giving extra time allowance

Also. Are these both required? Or just the unpaids

Whether required depends on the local. If you work through paid breaks it will help your time. Not something I suggest but when you are trying to qualify you do what you have to do.

BUCN85

That varies by center so ask your steward. I'm allowed to take a 1 min lunch.
Well right now I'm qualifying in a center 1 hr 20 min away from mine and it seems everything is done differently there then my own center