What's the difference

ArcherUTR

Hubs are the central point in state/area that packages for that state/area pass through and sorted to the different centers. Another way to think about it is like a bicycle wheel; hub is the axle, and the centers that hub services are the spokes.

On a bicycle wheel the hub would be the hub...

DougH

Dubuque is a center. Davenport and Des Moines are hubs. Heard you had a fire there a couple years ago.

Yeah I think back around 07 or 08. I remember hearing about it. Hopefully the center has a decent move up time. I run a route right now averaging 55 to 60 hrs a week so the part time gig will be rough for awhile. Ha

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBeef42

Where I work at the hub is the building itself. There are about 4 centers inside the hub.

Sent using BrownCafe App

This is what I was referring to as well. In my hub we have 3 centers. It's a combo... drivers report to the center offices and the laborers report to the hub offices. We also run 24/7...

When I was in a different town doing my driver training I was shocked to see it was ONLY a center... with no load (day or twilight shift)...

It just matters how much money ups makes in a specific region. Is your building a cost or profit center... in my small town we load and unload volume around the clock.

Sent using BrownCafe App