whats the hardest part on FT

rod

Retired 22 years
Delivering when its 35-40 below zero-----Oh wait-- you said 30 days not years. Sorry -- carry on.

ymelord

sorry i thought it was years also, 30 days, i would say not to panic when things go wrong, you will still get it done just stay focused use cell to get help from other drivers if needed

Cementups

Box Monkey
Day 30. I've seen a few drivers not make it on days 28, 29 and 30. Almost like you get so excited about almost being there and forget your wits and the simplest little thing bites you in the butt. Always been on your "A game"

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Actually stop and breathe, you will lose 5 minutes, you will gain 30. No wrecks, stay focused, be safe. Get a coffee or a pop. Eat something, 5 hr energy is good too. it is totally b12, which you will need, male or female. Go home have no life and sleep, you are qualifying for a 70k plus dollar an hour job. Eveything else is put on hold. If you have a family they need to understand that too. Its a joint venture. Momma has to pick up the slack, and if she wont you will never survive this job. You ae committing to give your family a healthy lifestyle, they also have to step up and contribute. Daddy goes to work and thats it for a while. Its much easier if you are single, you can go home have a beer, or watch some tv and fall asleep. Therma care for back and knees,

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
sorry i thought it was years also, 30 days, i would say not to panic when things go wrong, you will still get it done just stay focused use cell to get help from other drivers if needed

30 yrs?????? grease your walker, pray to the Lord.

nystripe96

What happens to an inside employee if they don't make it through the 30 days? Do they just go back to being a PT? Are they automatically placed at the bottom of the FT bid list again?

Last edited:

srvhero

"leastbest"
Work safely, take your FULL hour of lunch, follow the methods because they will help you be efficient. Again, work safely. Good luck.

Indecisi0n

Like said above, take it one stop at a time and do not freak out. Once you feel you are going over the deep end stop the truck. Sort your next few stops and take a few mins to relax.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think looking at that brick loaded truck and wondering where to start is the hardest part. It tends to cause panic. Like everyone said, 'Breathe' and 'one stop at a time'. If you feel the panic setting in, take a break. It will help to clear your head and not think for a few minutes.

Leftinbuilding

Actually stop and breathe, you will lose 5 minutes, you will gain 30. No wrecks, stay focused, be safe. Get a coffee or a pop. Eat something, 5 hr energy is good too. it is totally b12, which you will need, male or female. Go home have no life and sleep, you are qualifying for a 70k plus dollar an hour job. Eveything else is put on hold. If you have a family they need to understand that too. Its a joint venture. Momma has to pick up the slack, and if she wont you will never survive this job. You ae committing to give your family a healthy lifestyle, they also have to step up and contribute. Daddy goes to work and thats it for a while. Its much easier if you are single, you can go home have a beer, or watch some tv and fall asleep. Therma care for back and knees,

WOW!! I retired too soon..... :)