What's the latest on Amazon?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Got cha.. I'm not there during the day, didn't know if freight comes by to pick up those types.. Just assumed.. It's cool to be wrong once in a while. Lol
You seriously thought that? All those "years" in you claim to have and you seriously thought this?

And you think you're going to make it as a driver?

If you're the future of UPS, we should weep and say goodbye to our pensions.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Amazon hasn't diverted volume. Usually in retail segments, the end of October and beginning of November are very slow due to Black Friday and the holiday season gearing up. That's why retailers push Black Friday and now being open on thanksgiving.

Regional carriers don't have the capacity and network to take all the "Amazon volume ". My wife deals with a colleague at Amazon through her work. One of the biggest problems Amazon has are complaints from sub contractors/local carriers from their customers. If you think Amazon customers complain about FedEx or ups, it's actually way more for the others. We are actually rated really well overall internally with them. Amazon is very aware that if fedex/ups walked away from them, their logistics network of regionals and USPS/their own fleet wouldn't be able to handle their demand.

Unless Amazon bought an airline network and has an extensive feeder network in place along with making healthy profits (which they aren't) they aren't going anywhere.

onehandsolo

Amazon hasn't diverted volume. Usually in retail segments, the end of October and beginning of November are very slow due to Black Friday and the holiday season gearing up. That's why retailers push Black Friday and now being open on thanksgiving.

Regional carriers don't have the capacity and network to take all the "Amazon volume ". My wife deals with a colleague at Amazon through her work. One of the biggest problems Amazon has are complaints from sub contractors/local carriers from their customers. If you think Amazon customers complain about FedEx or ups, it's actually way more for the others. We are actually rated really well overall internally with them. Amazon is very aware that if fedex/ups walked away from them, their logistics network of regionals and USPS/their own fleet wouldn't be able to handle their demand.

Unless Amazon bought an airline network and has an extensive feeder network in place along with making healthy profits (which they aren't) they aren't going anywhere.

That was a very informative post.

Purplepackage

This must the be the most intelligent thing I've read on BC for months

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know, where else would they go? They have already maxed out everyone else's systems.
You know they're getting huge when Walmart is worried about them ....I have such mixed feelings about Amazon when I look at my truck in the morning most of my Resi stops are from Amazon and when I pick up from the UPS store there are eight hon of Amazon drop off's I know this is creating jobs but when we have so much volume from one customer who can dictate how they want us to run I feel like as a corporation Amazon has us backed into a corner also you guys have read about how Amazon treats their employees in their warehouses although UPS has always been about production I feel like since we have Amazon they are just pushing it so much harder somethings going to have to give

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I can't imagine a pc driver delivering a package that can't even get in their pc... Like I said.. These are big huge items! Playground sets, huge BBQ smokers.. Steel beams longer then the pc's...
And we get the same allowance as we would get for a 10 lb package... It is a joke

Coldworld

60 months and counting

True but ol Jeff had the cash to try to pull some kind of Internet billionaire Jedi magic... I wouldn't be surprised with anything that these tech guys do anymore...drones, rockets, electric cars, etc etc...

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I can't imagine a pc driver delivering a package that can't even get in their pc... Like I said.. These are big huge items! Playground sets, huge BBQ smokers.. Steel beams longer then the pc's...

Wait!!

I can order my steel beams from Amazon now? And get free shipping?

Awesome!!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
True but ol Jeff had the cash to try to pull some kind of Internet billionaire Jedi magic... I wouldn't be surprised with anything that these tech guys do anymore...drones, rockets, electric cars, etc etc...
He really doesn't. The only magic he pulls off is keeping investors buying even though they make a slim to none profit margin.