What's the latest on Amazon?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just read they are the most expensive stock there is. Trading at over 900X earnings.
Wall Street loves these tech companies....über has only been around for a couple of years and look at how much they are worth... And it's not like they do anything special they just have a platform for drivers to use... It's ridiculous!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wall Street loves these tech companies....über has only been around for a couple of years and look at how much they are worth... And it's not like they do anything special they just have a platform for drivers to use... It's ridiculous!
But that's the funny part. Amazon isn't a tech company. They wish they were. They are a retailer with massive over head. Even if Amazon is around in 30-40 years the price that it sells for now will likely just then make sense.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
But that's the funny part. Amazon isn't a tech company. They wish they were. They are a retailer with massive over head. Even if Amazon is around in 30-40 years the price that it sells for now will likely just then make sense.
Actually they consider themselves more a tech company now that they have entered the cloud storage business. They've said themselves that they don't think the retail segment of their business will be around in the future.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
With the exception of Apple, a majority of tech companies are way overvalued. Facebook would be a prime example.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Actually they consider themselves more a tech company now that they have entered the cloud storage business. They've said themselves that they don't think the retail segment of their business will be around in the future.
Well they have to try and become a tech company. Otherwise there's no possible way they will ever make the money needed to justify their stock price. The problem though is what happens to the retail side? Do they sell it? That overhead is what kills them.

Scuba Steve

We are flanked by two Amazon distribution centers to the west and the northeast. Our Amazon prime runes out in a couple days and I forbid my wife from renewing the membership. friend-** them. They want to deliver their own stuff they can do with out my business. More union members and our families should do this. This man bensos want to rule the world. People should be worried about his motives.

oldngray

nowhere special
A couple of weeks ago I ordered a little item from Amazon. With tax it was $2.15 with free shipping. Their actual cost for the item probably wasn't much more than a dollar but they still lost money overall on shipping.

Those little sales are pretty much loss leaders to keep you shopping at Amazon.