Whats the latest on the contract

UPSGUY72

You part timers have way more votes than the greedy full timers. Who are you blaming?

I believe he bitching because he has to wait to get his raise not specifically thatthe starting pay is low for PTimers. He just pissed he hasn't gotten the $.70 hr raise yet.... Wait time Aug first when they going to owe him $1.40 hr he's going to flip....

brown_trousers

The rights of your fellow teamsters far outweighs your need for a retro check. Chill out. The money is yours, and you will receive it when the contract is settled. It's good to know that you would gladly sell out the entirety of your union for a few bucks, however.

Are those locals fighting to get the same rights as us, or are they holding up the show to get a bigger slice of the pie than the rest of us?

TheFigurehead

Are those locals fighting to get the same rights as us, or are they holding up the show to get a bigger slice of the pie than the rest of us?

They are fighting for what they feel they have earned... just as your local had the opportunity to do when they stepped up to the bargaining table.

You would deny them that right because you squandered your opportunity? All over a few bucks?

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
Actually, Ohio and the PA's don't want to go into Teamcare. They want to stay in the company plan. I think they don't understand that's not an option.
As a side note, everybody had the chance to get into the western region health care, which is better than teamcare; and everybody but NJ L177(as far as business agents), thumbed their nose at it.
Worldport (89) got all the equipment and extra stations they asked for, and now the president or ST has come back wanting more. Not too honest in my book

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Actually, Ohio and the PA's don't want to go into Teamcare. They want to stay in the company plan. I think they don't understand that's not an option.
As a side note, everybody had the chance to get into the western region health care, which is better than teamcare; and everybody but NJ L177(as far as business agents), thumbed their nose at it.
Worldport (89) got all the equipment and extra stations they asked for, and now the president or ST has come back wanting more. Not too honest in my book

Is that the lie Andy "the incompetent sell-out" Marshall told you?

konsole

Upset enough about it to come here and start a thread about it seems.

Mildly irritated sure

I have a large paycheck owed to me, and there is no indication of when I will receive that. Sounds reasonable enough to be a little irritated dont you think?

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is bs us part timers barely making minimum wage have to wait on the rest of these inconsiderate greedy people just to get our raises....
If you barely make minimum wage, you've only worked here 10 min. Tell me more about how fixing the pension funds of guys who've worked here for decades is inconsiderate and greedy?

Ok...ok....back on topic! We want a fair contract for all of the upsers.....present and future! I didnt always understand that ,when I was younger. Now I am very grateful what the previous generations of Upsers done for me!....this will get settled, one day....I hope!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ok...ok....back on topic! We want a fair contract for all of the upsers.....present and future! I didnt always understand that ,when I was younger. Now I am very grateful what the previous generations of Upsers done for me!....this will get settled, one day....I hope!
Yes it will....and if these PTers could stop posting about hey where's my raise...that'd be great....lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
PfZfru3.gif
I'll admit the main reason I ask is because its getting a bit old waiting for that $500 pay check due to raises being on hold since last August. I'm in Local 25 Northeast and wanted to know whats holding up this contract from being finalized? "Be patient you'll get that check eventually" is what I hear, but hasnt 7 months been patient enough?