What's The Origin Of Your User Name?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by outta hours, Mar 4, 2007.

1. outta hours

outta hours Active Member

Lots of funny names on this board some I imagine with some crazy stories behind them. Thought it might be intresting too see how we all came up with our name, I'll go first. We had a mgr. that was always worried about our service hours. He would say it every day " watch it so you don't run outta hours this week". He never said "out of" it was always combined into outta. I always thought it was funny and I began to use it as my handle in feeders and have stuck with it ever since. Ok who's next?
  2. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

A lot of people think mine has something to do with UPS. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Think inches......
  3. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Over9five, my handle is based on the same premise.
  4. DS

DS Fenderbender

OK I used to always say that ups had another service level that they offered that was less than standard.Double Standard...hence DS...I thought it was witty but I`ve
    grown older and I`m not such a rebel anymore.

I`m curious about over9fives name:wink:
  5. ImpactedTSG

ImpactedTSG New Member

Impacted was the name given to those of us that were below the line that had jobs when the cutbacks were made last year.
  6. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

Mine could either be the DIAD botton or, well, Over9Five and Brownmonster were on the right track. LOL
  7. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

The guys I used to wkr with in our other cetner used to call me Cementhead so when I first signed up for the interweb I used that as my name on AOL, but when I switched to my own account it wouldn't let me transfer my name so I had to change it and went with Cementups since I still worked at UPS. Kind of bland but it's the best I could do at time.
  8. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

No big story. I am a satellite driver, ergo .
  9. txmomof2b2g

txmomof2b2g New Member

Texas mom of 2 boys and 2 girls
    my email name is better .. UPSgalluvsUPSman
  10. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

I had a guy at a regular HC stop way back when that would always say “somebody get the door, the upsdude is here”.
  11. 30andout

30andout New Member

Been there 35 years, sounded like a wish.
  12. Ms Spoken

Ms Spoken New Member

Well I used to have a different name on here and some drivers figured out who I was. So one night I was in the chat room talking with DS about changing my name and he came up with it. Thanks DS because it fits perfect.
  13. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

My first boss when I went driving, started calling me tooner. Never knew why. Then it was tune em up tooner, tune em out tooner, then after work we would head to the watering hole, and tooner too. (those were the good old days) All that crew is retired now. It rhymes with my name. And it just stuck, people still call me that and I dont think most remember where it came from.
  14. Graduate of that fine Jesuit Catholic institution, St. Peter's College, in Jersey City, who's mascot, the mighty Peacock, demonstrates the magnificent humility of the Jesuit order (think about that)....in the year of our Lord 1971.

Peacock Power!
    Shed a tear for that old Secaucus Hub!
    Go UPS!
  15. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

Well, my name if Helen and I am from California. BORING!!!!!!! I might change my name now. 9.5, big arrow up, brown monster, you guys!!!! It's always about size, isn't it? chortle, chortle! Maybe my new name will be 36DD!
  16. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

moreluck.......I picked it because I always want more luck. After all, it IS all about me and what I want, isn't it?
  17. Sammie

Sammie Well-Known Member

I'm the proud parent of 4 miniature dachshunds; Oscar, Meyer, Buddy and Sammie. Sammie and I are the only females at home (we're outnumbered by 5 dudes) and I borrowed her name for this site. She's our little good luck mascot around here.
  18. I can't wait for FINANCIALPLANNER to explsin the origins of his board name!

And a mighty big Peacock it is...by Gawd!

Go UPS!
  19. disneyworld

disneyworld Active Member

Explanations will be furnished upon request.
  20. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

Doing anything this weekend?