What's The Origin Of Your User Name?

filthpig

I tell the younger drivers (I started in 1975) "Do what they tell you (as long as it's not unethical or immoral), if it takes you longer, you make more money! Stay under the radar. I also tell them to let management make the decisions. If you have too many air stops, emergency conditions because of weather, etc. stay in communication with the center and let them make the decisions. Do the best you can but let them make the decisions.

I have found, after working for many different management people, that if you work with integrity and do what you agreed to do when you signed on to UPS you will prosper.

PREACH!!

tieguy

Banned
Vette-
Are you related to that other frequent management poster that often resorts to name-calling?......perhaps his alter-ego?.......perhaps one of his multiple personalities? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (this means I thought it was funny).

I remember sickpony1. Did you think he was talking about you?:happy-very::happy-very:

W

wrenny040

My real UPS nickname was a common one... Gizmo. (I was sure it was already taken). So I chose the avatar instead. My Sort manager saw me during an especially horriffic day, tilted his head slowly to the side, made the Gizmo squeal and said, "Why it's Gizmo, Ladies and Gentleman" in front of everyone in the lunchroom during the break. The name stuck. (My hair was never a mess again after that day). But I chose to use a childhood nickname -wren- the bird. Affectionately called wrenny.

currahee

My name was my Battalion motto when i was in the Army. I was stationed in Korea and we were closest troops to the DMZ. STANDS ALONE!! 1/506 inf CURRAHEE

I

I_Love_Helen_of_CA

Well, my name if Helen and I am from California. BORING!!!!!!! I might change my name now. 9.5, big arrow up, brown monster, you guys!!!! It's always about size, isn't it? chortle, chortle! Maybe my new name will be 36DD!

36DD??? Thanks for helping me figure out what my user name should be...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How did "scratch" get that name? Was it like in Itchy & Scratchy?:happy2:

I originally joined this site using the name of "Scratch King", but was later able to change it since the original "scratch" account was inactive. It came from my dog in my original avatar who used to roll over on his back and wiggle back and forth trying to scratch his fleas. (see post #50 on this thread!) Fortunately for me and Mrs. Scratch, I don't have fleas. And I probably seldom run "scratch" on my route anymore, although I do usually run under 9.5. My P7 does have a lot of scratches on the sides, it could use a new paint job. And some people probably think I scratch myself in odd places, but only when I think nobody else is looking!:wink2:

Big Babooba

I was a big guy before my big weight gain, around 260 pounds. I took the nickname of our 27 pound cat Oreo. I got hurt last year and was out for 11 1/2 months. My weight shot up to over 300 pounds. Now my name fits me better than ever.

lost

What my boss told me to do yesterday is the wrong thing to do today in the exact same situation therefore I am lost and not sure which rules to follow today.

JustTired

free at last.......
Mine is self explanitory.

Just tired......
........of being tired at the end of the day.
.......of the games we have to play these days.
.......of not being home at a decent hour.
.......of lugging all the money to the bank (I know,direct deposit).
.......of government and its' inability to do anything that makes sense (see, it's not just UPS!)
I could go on......but I'm getting kinda tired. Think I'll take a nap.

UPS Lifer

Undeniably
Positively
Shamelessly
Loving
Independence
friendor
Ever
Retired

OK maybe it didn't mean that! But it is the way I feel now!

My Avatar is the actual over-the-water bungalow in Bora-Bora we stayed in one year ago Tuesday which is the anniversary of the first day of the rest of my life!!
:beach:

rocket man

WHEN Iwas younger we were riding yamaha 125 s I was wearing a half face helmet my friend said dont do that jump i did the bike went one way i went the other i landed face first my friend came up and HE SAID YOU ARE A ROCKET MAN THE NAME STUCK i put on mydemolition cars and enduro stock cars as the annoucer at the track said belive me folks the rocket man is no rocket secientist .bu he dose have one of the fastest cars on the track.:whiteflag::happy2:

browniehound

I conjured my name up from a 1984 movie I'm sure everyone has seen. "The Breakfast Club" is on at least once a month on cable and I have seen the movie about 5,000 times and can recite the lines word for word.

Yet, there is one line in this movie that sticks in my head and makes me laugh everytime I watch it. I really don't know what is meant when its said. John Bender is in high school dentention (all day on a Saturday) and the principle gives him crap. Once the principle leaves, he states to the detention class "That man, is a Browniehound".

My question is: what the heck is a Browniehound????? Does he like to eat brownies? Or is about someone being a brown-noser?

Anyway, I chose the name because I thought it sounded funny and now you know where I got it from.