whats the perks of your route ? extra stops, miles or multi-one stop-pickups

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
One of the best perks my old route happened every year when you got the 1st warm days of spring. I learned early on to always check the sunny side of the lake homes as that would be where the ladies liked to lay out in the sun. Caught many a lovely lass in various stages of dress. I always insisted on a signature. So I'm a pig- it worked for me:happy2:

Yea, I liked late April & May before tanning beds came along too. My RD/ PO box file always had a reference to the hotties. Back before bid areas the file stayed in the car and one driver would ask me how am I supposed to know where the brown bikini lives? I told him when you see her in it you'll never forget her!

ol'browneye

I live on my route and get to go home for lunch. Actually I usually split my hour into 20-30 minutes of lunch and the rest is supper! On extremely hot days I have gone swimming on my lunch hour.:swimming: I can also make phone calls and take care of some business at home. It really is a nice perk to have!

I have even made a special delivery to my wife a couple of times on my lunch hour, if you know what I mean!!:devil3:

under the radar

A Trained Professional
On a day like today (3-5 inches of wet snow) I'm glad I have an all business route with 40% offices and 60% retail stores. No getting stuck in someone's driveway. No dogs chasing me, etc.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Today in ohio was a fun one. Pretty clear main roads, sides were deplorable. 5 inches of slush, tomorrow it will be ice. But hey at least we have something to look forward to
Not too many dogs out, quite a few dunderheads.
I look forward to hot coffee, a few minutes of good conversation here and there. A clean restroom, a long red light....customers who are ready, 0/70's that are not home.
And nothing like having the teamsters meet you on the way in the door with Obama material. Could anything be nicer. :angry: