What's The Right Way To Complain?

BigBrownSanta

In digging deeper and reading the comments here there is no other explanation that fits ALL of the parameters. That is the part you seem to be willfully ignoring.
Please explain why he would leave an "InfoNotice", with a scribbled out signature area on a package that does not even require a signature.
Apartments require signatures (in person), not signed delivery notices.
If he just wanted to cover his ass, why not let me sign the back of it and he can leave it and be absolved from ANY liability.
In my area, signed delivery notices absolve nothing, therefore, they do not suffice.
Why didn't he do that?

Should I be deliriously happy to drive 20 miles out and 20 miles back, twice so far, for something that he simply could have rang my doorbell, handed me the parcel and been done with?
Again, if you had simply opened the door you would have your package.
Once is bad luck, twice is an unfortunate coincidence, but three times is a pattern.
In short, I'm PAYING for a service that I am not getting (Was that check written to UPS or the shipper? The service was rendered, but you chose to not open the door). and that driver is getting paid for a job he is not doing.
The driver is doing his job which is attempting to deliver your package.

Please tell me how that can be a good thing.

From this comment, and your first comment (that to me made no sense), you seem to have the attitude that the driver is always right and the customer is always crazy. I wanted to actually get some feedback from real UPS drivers before I pulled the trigger on the complaint process. I thought that just maybe there was something I was not understanding.
If that makes me wrong in your mind then so-be-it.

First off, I don't believe you when you say the driver came to your apartment and did not ring the doorbell. I tend to believe you weren't able to be there for the 3 attempts, and you are angry you had to drive 40 miles (both ways uphill in a raging blizzard) to get your package.

Second, the driver made 3 attempts to get your package to you. You for some reason or other (as you claim) chose to "stand 10 feet on the other side of the door". The first day it's understandable, maybe you didn't see him. The second day, maybe you went to the restroom when he arrived. The third day, well, I don't know, if I had a package I was wanting to get my "hot little hands on", I would be sure to be there when it arrives. I would probably have the door wide open to make sure the driver knew I was home.

Third, if you truly are having a problem, then maybe you should find a way to work around the problem, rather than look for ways to burn someone, such as calling the number at the bottom of the infonotice and having the package rerouted to an alternate address or maybe asking to meet the driver at one of his pickups.

But, like I said in my first post, the best way would be to open the door and sign for the package. Everybody ends up happy in that situation.

Big Babooba

One more time then it's off to bed for you: the package DID NOT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE.
Did you lips move when you read that?

I have to give UPS a lot of credit.
That they would trust a mentally deficient, social-:censored2:, with the reading comprehension skills of an autistic four-year-old, like you, any job - reaffirms my faith in the basic humanity of corporate America.

God bless the Brown Machine indeed... :thumbup1:
Although the package did not require a signature by the shipper, UPS will require a signature under certain conditions. You could live in an area where UPS has paid a lot of claims. If you are operating a business out of your house, a signature is often required. The previous occupant could have filed a lot of claims and your address is flagged in the board to get a signature - nobody has bothered to change your status. Another possibility is that the driver has paid for missing / wet packages. He can't put the packages out of sight from the street / out of weather and doesn't want to pay for any more.

tups

In digging deeper and reading the comments here there is no other explanation that fits ALL of the parameters. That is the part you seem to be willfully ignoring.
Please explain why he would leave an "InfoNotice", with a scribbled out signature area on a package that does not even require a signature.

I'm getting tired of hearing about trying to get a driver in trouble. Maybe he is being difficult to this guy, it is a posibility. But From what I have read here so far, nothing that driver had done is outside what he is supposed to do.

OK Jimbo, you said it yourself.....You receive many packages in the 1-10 lb range of computer stuff.
You live in an apartment complex, and like this quote here the 'sign for package' line is crossed out. The driver leaves notices on your door each time. Well if I have a package that I know contains electronic equipment I will not DR it. Even if the info notice is signed. I will get a signature for it. I also cross out the sign for packages line in these cases. I will also not DR any package at a residence that has been blocked for DR for prior claims. And it does not matter where it is be it an apartment complex, or a house in a million dollar neighborhood. Simply put, I will not risk my hard earned money leaving a package that might be expensive, could disappear and leave me on the hook for it. And I am sorry that these kind of actions will upset a customer, but I'm not going to take chances like that. I'm not defending the driver you have, but maybe there is a very good reason he does not leave packages at your door. I can't explain your claim of the driver not knocking, only that if the driver takes the time to write out the notice, and leave it on your door, he took the time to knock and very possibly you don't hear it.

DS

Fenderbender
I can't explain your claim of the driver not knocking, only that if the driver takes the time to write out the notice, and leave it on your door, he took the time to knock and very possibly you don't hear it.
I may be wrong but I've been around awhile.
Okay its an apartment complex,the driver is prewriting info notices and prerecording the corresponding packages in his truck.He leaves the biggest heaviest ones in the truck and delivers the little ones.He makes sure he's not seen at the stops he left in the truck.He (ninja like)slaps the prerecorded pkg /info notice on the door and completes the stop.It appears in the board that an attempt was made but in reality he is just a weasel.

browniehound

One more time then it's off to bed for you: the package DID NOT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE.
Did you lips move when you read that?

I have to give UPS a lot of credit.
That they would trust a mentally deficient, social-:censored2:, with the reading comprehension skills of an autistic four-year-old, like you, any job - reaffirms my faith in the basic humanity of corporate America.

God bless the Brown Machine indeed... :thumbup1:

Jimbo,
I will not take offense to your statement. But I will say this, if the driver says a signature is required then a signature is required. Its the driver's discretion. Is that so hard to understand? The driver is responsible for the package.

Now, if you had to deal with snow, sleet, rain, and minus 5 temperatures, I might understand your frustration. But you're down there is So. Cal. where it dosen't get below 50, makes me think you need to find something to bitch about:wink: