What's the wierdest thing you ever found on route

rod

Retired 22 years
I found a brand new construction grade step ladder laying in the road. A fellow driver found a brand new wash machine still in the box laying in the road. Police dept wanted him to bring it to them but he politely refused and told them just to have whoever calls aout it to contact him. They never did. Some other things found on route:

air compressor laying in a ditch
38 Smith and Wesson (loaded)
a dozen or so life jackets (route included a lake area)
a couple of hundred bungee cords (it got to be a hobby stopping to pick them up)
20 feet of heavyduty (could hardly lift it) logging chain

wyobill

Pulled over to have lunch. Looked in my mirror before pulling out and I found a Large Boar Grizzly Bear behind my package car.

diesel96

Working in the sunshine state, a few years back, I met a 7' ft gator in my customer's swimming pool driver releasing a pkg in the back patio. No wonder their cat didn't come out the pet door to greet me :pet:.

CBUK

One of our drivers made a delivery and while he was at the stop the customers Parrot flew into the van and got a lift back to our centre. It spent a few days living on site before someone noticed it sitting on the fence.

filthpig

I find tools and such in the road all the time. I've probably found 5 hammers, 3 sidecutters, 2 ratchets (Craftsman!) channelocks, pliers, a maglite, numerous sockets, etc.

over9five

Staff member
I find tools and such in the road all the time. I've probably found 5 hammers, 3 sidecutters, 2 ratchets (Craftsman!) channelocks, pliers, a maglite, numerous sockets, etc.

Ha! Yup, that's what happens when you're working on the car and you close the hood leaving a tool in the engine compartment!

HAPPYDAYS

I speak to the dumpster divers out there (I know your all out there). During the framing of our new home, my husband calls me, gives me an address and tells me to meet him at the dumpster on his lunch, with the truck...really nice rod iron spiral staircase pulled out of a bridal shop...It was a great addition to the office in our new home.

Fishbulb

fellow driver of mine found a dead body one summer. guy was face down on the lawn as he was delivering to the house next door. Turned out the guy had been drinking all nite & died due to alcohol poisoning/dehydration.

satellitedriver

found numerous cats and dogs in pkg car after returning from delivery. also found goat once.
The goat thing happened to me last week.
A little cabrito that was trying to suckle the air valves on my tires after I had to take him out of my cab.
It followed me down the road to my next delivery.

S

speeddemon

I had a hummingbird that flew in my truck about 9AM. He stayed pirched on some of the windshield wiper wiring until 3PM that afternoon. I would stick my finger up there, he would get on it and would saty thier until I tried to put him out, then he flew back up to the wiring again???

DS

Fenderbender
One time I found a sealed skid on a dock at an empty building.
upon closer inspection it contained a complete bathroom set.Bathtub toilet sink etc all pastel green.I knew they moved and didnt have thier phone # so I flagged down the fedex guy and he said he had the 3 stored in his scanner...he called them and they were quite happy apparently to get thier bathroom and pissed at the transport co that just left it on the dock.Last I heard of it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I scored a really nice sledgehammer with a fiberglass handle. It was just laying in the road, so I picked it up. It is quite handy for splitting my firewood.
I also found a dog once. Some people had been walking along the road in my extended area looking for their missing dog, they described her to me and I promised to keep an eye out for her. Two days later, I found her wandering around, wet and hungry. I loaded her into the truck, fed her my lunch, and kept her with me for a couple of hours until I found her owners, still hiking around on top of a mountain searching for her. I will never forget the look on their faces when I pulled up, opened the bulkhead door, and delivered their dog to them.